hex brake adapter

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rak12

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm planning on installing center cvd's on the 4908 extended chassis and my realized I need a brake adapter. (Traxxas part number 5165 http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPNK9 or similar). However I can't wrap my head around on how it installs. Does anyone have tips or better yet pics they can post? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think that one will work. Your brake disk needs the pegs right? You will need to try to find the brake disc from the gray case 2.5r T-maxx to go with that kind of adapter. They are hard to come by too. I think The CVD you need has the pegs in the front.

yup, i bought the traxxas center cvd's part # 4949r for my 3.3 t maxx model 4908 and they wont work. one, the output shaft on the tranny the cvd's go on is to big. two, yes you need the 2 pegs that stick out for them to mount to the brake. the cvd's are for the opti-drive t maxx.

This style works pretty well.
mipc9138.jpg

ok that makes sense why I could not visualize them working, I already have the HPI dogbone/revo cup setup for the rear center and the front center has not shown any signs of wear. I was curious only for asthetics. I probably live with it for now and until a need arises. Maybe by then some company will have some replacements . Thanks for the info.

Those mip sliders will work, but they are heavy. I also broke the rear one twice, with a picco .21, before I said to hell with it and sold them off.

Breaking them wasn't even a big deal......compared to searching for the other part of the shaft! After finding it the first time I painted them blaze orange.

The FLM dogbones are your best option.