Here's my winter project!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbgagnon

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Here's my winter project! UPDATED

Well....being in the most northern point in the continental US my rc season is now over. So I'm starting my winter project totally rebuilding my PCR.

My last run was on a muddy day, so I've been cleaning the damn thing for a few days now, after the cleaning here is what I have to work with.

pile_o_parts1.jpg

I'm just waiting for new bearings and a few other parts and this thing will be better then new!

Last edited:
nice man, what kind of engine are you runnning in it??

I'm hopeing that its going to be either a V-Spec or a WS72. I'm also looking at the P-5 for 220 I don't think you can get a better engine for the $$$$.

That looks like a few hours of well spent time.
What are you going to do with the other 6 months of winter?

That is a pretty sight for me. Its my favorite part of this hobby.
Make sure to post follow up photos.

The P5 for $220 is a sweet deal. I got mine for $265 and paid it gladly. It's a great engine, but a heavy hand on the needles will cause you frustration.

Funny, my Maxx looks just like that. But I'm a trooper. I'm hurrying to get it back together so I can throw some snow roosts with it once the white stuff hits...

Come to norther Maine. Its snowing right now we have about 2-3 inches down now and when its finished we're supposed to total 10-14 but that will be at midnight. :(

Central New York is bad enough. Right now it's raining with like 30 mph wind. It sucks out. Wait until I come on complaining about the lake-effect snow that will hit after New Years. Nothing more fun than 3 feet of snow in a day...

Gotta love Cali. Today it is cold and it is 50 degrees and clear as a bell.

I'm pissed, Its time to drag out the long pants.
Its getting to cold in the morning to go out in shorts.

Alright Eddy we all know that your a :loser: you don't have to rub it in. I haven't been able to wear shorts in a few months! I wanna go back to HB.

how familar is that seen, i'm most of the way home though, engine (???), electronics, fuel system and body, thats bout it b4 tuning and susp tweaks.

-Ult

I wish I still lived in Michigan. I love snow. Oklahoma has no snow. And why can't you run a buggy in the snow.

there's only one thing I know and it's that when I get old enough and when I get the money I am going to cali where my parents used to live.But texas isn't that bad as I thought.If you don't include the damn humidity.

Back