Here's a Craigslist post that's really tempting..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clone maybe? Other wise, that would be awesome.

Just called him. It is a king motors not an hpi. He said he has lots of upgraded parts on it and replaced parts with aluminum that they normally have problems with to strengthen them. I talked him down to $450. Would that be too much for an upgraded king motors buggy? Comes with extra parts and 2.4 ghz. From what I understand you can replace most parts with HPI brand. Any opionions on these things. I originally wanted to get an HPI baja 1/5 scale but can't justify spending almost $900 on one. This is more in my price range. I know it is a copy of hpi and they stole their design and all of that. Anyone have one on here that can let me know if it is a good buy. Since you can use HPI parts I guess parts shouldn't be that hard to come buy.

Last edited:
For $450 i dont care what brand it is, thats a steal. I have read online a lot about the king motors, and pretty much its a hit or a miss. Some people have terrible experiences with them, and some people love em. Who knows, id buy it.

Robs gonna sale me his baja for half that so I dont care about that one...:D

---------- Post added at 1:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:25 PM ----------

I think I might end up buying this then

If you do, make sure to post it up in the large scale section. :)

For $450 i dont care what brand it is, thats a steal. I have read online a lot about the king motors, and pretty much its a hit or a miss. Some people have terrible experiences with them, and some people love em. Who knows, id buy it.

Somebody is selling this exact same car for $450 shipped on ebay brand new. Comes with lots of extra parts. They must be a hobby store with an ebay account. They have 10 available it says. If anyone is interested I can give you a link to it. The question is to get a slightly used one for $450 with some upgrades as he said and an extra clear body or get the brand new one for $450 shipped. Decisions decisions.

Somebody is selling this exact same car for $450 shipped on ebay brand new. Comes with lots of extra parts. They must be a hobby store with an ebay account. They have 10 available it says. If anyone is interested I can give you a link to it. The question is to get a slightly used one for $450 with some upgrades as he said and an extra clear body or get the brand new one for $450 shipped. Decisions decisions.

Link us up dude!

id buy one for 450 new, otherwise you are buying 450 bucks worth of someone elses' problem

3847 transactions while maintaining 100% positive feedback. He's doing something right. I've read a bit over the past month on these clones and while I'd personally go for a Rovan over a King, that's still a good price and is worth taking the plunge for if you have the spare change sitting around.

Any idea on replacement parts availability on them kings?

99% of parts from Baja fit, most people pick up the parts that HPI owners upgrade as spares.

Hmmm interesting. That price makes it so much more appealing at getting into the 1/5th scale scene.

Well I've been reading bunches of stuff on the King Motors and Rovan stuff and thats going to be my next rc purchase I do believe. 30.5cc prolly.

Are they the same rig as the King motors?

Back