Here is what I’ll say

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
Cooling of the break system u have wet and dry setup I’ll tech all of you if you can answer it right tip for u All a truck will h

Cooling of the break system u have wet and dry setup I’ll tech all of you if you can answer it right tip for u All a truck will h
Bro, Ima be honest. I dont understand what that supposed to say. I feel like there some punctuation or somethin' missin'. Come again :)

Bro, Ima be honest. I dont understand what that supposed to say. I feel like there some punctuation or somethin' missin'. Come again :)
You want me to tech you something? Of course. I love education even to me please.

Hydraulic cooling system for brakes it’s what they call wet system. It’s not like disc brakes. This system has coolers to cool down the fluid that keeps the brakes cool.

The brakes always in fluid

So what uses hydraulic brakes? is it mostly like big machinery or those huge construction vehicles?

So what uses hydraulic brakes? is it mostly like big machinery or those huge construction vehicles?
Ding ding there u go brotha

Here is a trivia what is a Retarder

I’ll give little hint. Semi trucks use a jake break cutting off cylinders on down hill

You won’t know this if u do I’m impressed

pulling your foot off the gas will engage a jake brake short for jacob brake.

pulling your foot off the gas will engage a jake brake short for jacob brake.

A retard will retard transmission and you have auto as also manual. 3 brake systems on theses things. Shoot I’m still learning

A retard will retard transmission and you have auto as also manual. 3 brake systems on theses things. Shoot I’m still learning
and here I was thinking it was the last guy that got banned from the forum 🤣 🤣 🤣
...but yeah, Id have never guessed that!

Ban me lol. I’m one of those guys. Let’s just say I’m crazy. But always want to teach and learn. Call it what it is

Ban me lol. I’m one of those guys. Let’s just say I’m crazy. But always want to teach and learn. Call it what it is
lol, not you. I can't remember the users name now. He pissed off Olds97 or someone cuz he kept telling everyone to run more oil in their nitro lol

I can share the crazy poop of cost to make you guys gold and copper.

That’s a good ? Well I’ll put it this way getting in the mine is very hard. So I as a miner poop I do and have done. One little pice anything from the property I’ll go to prison no lie. Federal Offense

That’s a good ? Well I’ll put it this way getting in the mine is very hard. So I as a miner poop I do and have done. One little pice anything from the property I’ll go to prison no lie. Federal Offense
Gotchya

@TRAT Here we go, you're talking out your rear again. You don't fully understand what you're talking about here. All modern automotive brakes are hydraulic. Hydraulic means the use fluid under high pressure converted to mechanical action. For brakes this pressure is converted in a disc brake system by using a caliper with one or more pistons to squeeze a set of pads with a turning rotor between them or a drum system to expand a set of shoes outward against a rotating drum. A "wet system" is an enclosed disc brake system in a fluid filled housing, usually the same housing with the diff. Heavy duty wet systems can have a cooler to lower the fluid temps.
A Jake brake is basically just using engine compression to slow a vehicle down. The actual diesel Jake brake uses electronic valving in the exhaust to increase the compression pressures without increasing the power output of the engines and this is what they call "retarding" the engine. The transmission type really has no effect on how the Jake brake works although there is a feature in a Jake brake system that assists a full auto-shift automatic with upshifts under certain conditions.

@TRAT Here we go, you're talking out your rear again. You don't fully understand what you're talking about here. All modern automotive brakes are hydraulic. Hydraulic means the use fluid under high pressure converted to mechanical action. For brakes this pressure is converted in a disc brake system by using a caliper with one or more pistons to squeeze a set of pads with a turning rotor between them or a drum system to expand a set of shoes outward against a rotating drum. A "wet system" is an enclosed disc brake system in a fluid filled housing, usually the same housing with the diff. Heavy duty wet systems can have a cooler to lower the fluid temps.
A Jake brake is basically just using engine compression to slow a vehicle down. The actual diesel Jake brake uses electronic valving in the exhaust to increase the compression pressures without increasing the power output of the engines and this is what they call "retarding" the engine. The transmission type really has no effect on how the Jake brake works although there is a feature in a Jake brake system that assists a full auto-shift automatic with upshifts under certain conditions.
I think he was actually referring to the hydraulic brake cooler? I dunno. Never worked on big diesels stuff, but he is referring to something on big mine equipment I think.

Yeah, in all fairness he never said that a standard disc brake set up wasn't hydraulic he was explaining how the wet systems are different in the sense that they are enclosed and use a cooler. Also that these systems are typically used on the big industrial stuff. The Jake brake explanation was a little hard to understand but even if part of that was technically incorrect, he did say he was new to that stuff and still learning about it so I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from Racer.

Back