help with os cv-r engine tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpapendick

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just bought an associated gt with a OS cv-r on it and I can't get the tuning right.anyone know stock settings? I can't find em anywhere.or something that i could start out at

Thanks.I'm not exactly sure what engine it is tho.it just says OS max and on the other side cv-r.but I just bought this gt and the engine don't have a pull start.its starts by a electric box.personally I don't like it.but when I started it,it ate the spur gear nd broke the clutch.i don't think the kid I bought it from had the clutch on right.but when it started it reved up to like full throttle and that's when it broke stuff.know what the problem could be?

it could be a few things honestly the first thing you could check is turn the controler on and the car (not the engine) and make sure that everything is working right... if that isnt it check your idle gap in the carb to see where thats set.... just a couple things to check firts... oh and were they new batteries???

No I don't think they were new batteries.but the car would rev up then slow down then then rev

Your sucking air check fuel lines and seal carb with silicon sealer.Put fresh batt in raidio or charge the full.Use that link for your base settings.:D