Help with new Hyper 7 carburetor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Rc

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought the Hyper 7 and was breaking in the engine. It was fine going through the few tanks at idle, but now when I go to drive it slowly to warm it up when I break the carb won’t return to the original position (1mm open) instead it stops at about 5mm open causing then engine to rev really high. The only way to get it back to 1mm is to turn the car off and pump the accelerator which then closes it back to 1mm. Help please! Photo firstly attached of when I accelerate and it goes back to its proper position, photo 2 is what it returns to after I break.

Attachments

• 34088825-516E-43B8-9BD7-8A075215D88C.png
    34088825-516E-43B8-9BD7-8A075215D88C.png
    441.8 KB · Views: 111
  • B97A1A2B-3E2B-426C-9B63-897042D56959.png
    B97A1A2B-3E2B-426C-9B63-897042D56959.png
    422.9 KB · Views: 98
Sorry photos got swapped around at upload. The one with the 1mm gap is after accelerating, and the bigger gap is after breaking

Could have stripped servo horn or gear or you have a trim setting on the radio activated. Check the radio for any trim setting or switch's that may have been set to leave throttle open. You can remove the servo horn on throttle and inspect it for a stripped gear or damage horn. You can check for a stripped gear or damage horn turning the servo by hand with another horn on top. if it slips you will feel it and hear for a stripped gear. Try the old horn and see if it slips.

The advice above are good. You can also try to move the throttle by hand without the servo to see if it is smooth and easy and see if the servo may need to be replaced. You can also add a return spring.

The servo should open when pulled out and closed when pushed in. There is a return spring. I would center the servo arm remove that small piece of fuel tubing on the outside. and re-set the return spring. Looks like the return spring and linkage setup is the problem. Set the radio EPA and good to go.

You can also put the throttle push rod using the inside hole of the servo horn, that will give you more power to push and pull.

Thanks guys. I’m pretty convinced that the issue is that the servo horn has been stopped. I can easily push it with my finger and it slips. So I'm
Looking at getting another replacement. Do any of you know how many teeth are on the servo? I can’t find info on it but I’m thinking it’s either 24 or 25 teeth.

Sorry. *has been stripped .
Also sorry I many how many splines the servo horn has....

Thank you, I was after getting a metal servo horn instead so I just need to know how many splines it has so I can get one that matches. :)

most servos are Futaba spline and come with servo horns included.