help. please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

levesque87

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i did the transmission mod last night, and took reverse out and all the other useless stuff, it has a ton of power, and take off is much better. but i was heading down the road, and it almost acted like the spur gear got destroyed, so i took it apart and it was fine. what would cause the truck to rev up, but not move? any know issues with stuff like this on a losi xxl ? :\

A high probability on the OWB in the two speed hub isn't grabbing. They are known to have issues. I never had any really to speak of with my LST1 2 speed I bought off ebay for my aftershock, but the later ones seemed to have the issue more often.

ill check out the slipper, good chance on the oil thing. i did reloacte the battery after i took out the reverse servo, out some 2 sided tape on the bottom to cut down on wear, and then used two good electric tries and hooked it down. came out allright, better then being under the truck.

after going out side and going down the street, i noticed the front wheels only where actually under power. So i raised the front of the truck up and the back wheels where not moving. I tore the rear end apart, got to the diff, and too it all the way apart, and nothing is wrong with it. the truck has the FOC done to it. so i am not sure whats wrong with it.

Could be the drive cup on the trans lost it's grub screw or the CVD on diff to the trans lost it's grub screw (red):
2011-0313-LSTGrubScrewHelp.jpg

What does it do if you spin one of the rear tires by hand? Does one turn one way and the other turn the opposite? What if you hold one rear tire and spin the other, does it seem to hold the pressure or does it just skip? Could be one of the internal pins under the larger sun gears in the diff snapped (red)
2011-0313-LSTSunGearPinHelp.jpg

Could also be one of your rear wheel hex's rounded out or the hex pin snapped (blue in photo under next tip).

Or perhaps one of the pins in the center CVD or wheel axle CVD (red):
2011-0313-LSTCVDPinAndHexPinhelp.jpg

If you have any of these issues, you may get the rear tires to spin when off the ground just due to friction, but power will only go to the front when on the ground:

thanks for all the help, i got it all back together and went threw everything. its running good now. i just cleaned it and put new/better grease in the transmission and the diffs. works awesome. thanks!

Back