HELP please

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozz_man89

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm a newby to nitro and i have a nitro sport with ez start my motor will turn over sometimes and sometimes ez start will just spin, it will not crank up easily, it was not new when i got it so i dont know how i should adjust carb. also what are the best hop ups for the nitro sport????????

Originally posted by ozz_man89
I'm a newby to nitro and i have a nitro sport with ez start my motor will turn over sometimes and sometimes ez start will just spin, it will not crank up easily, it was not new when i got it so i dont know how i should adjust carb. also what are the best hop ups for the nitro sport????????

There is a one way bearing on the starter shaft and when it gets saturated with fuel and oil residue it will slip, that is what's happening to your engine.

You should take the bearing off and clean it good and your problem should be solved. If it continues you may have to replace the starter shaft as well.

I am not real familar with the sport but I believe it has a single needle carb which will make it easy to tune. The Traxxas site has how-to tips on tuning that carb, you can check there. As far as hopups, I can't help ya there as I don't keep up with that particular model.

Here is the link to tune your carb
Traxxas TRX.15 carb

Originally posted by matts6887
I am assuming this is a traxxas nitro model with the pro 15. Well the stock needle settings for that engine are high speed needle 2 1/2 turns out from fully closed and the low speed needle is 1 3/4 turns out from fully closed. As far as the ezstart sometimes just spinning, well that sounds like the one way bearing is either just slipping or is shot completely. I would take the engine off, take the ezstart gearbox off, and you will see the one way bearing. take that out and thorougly clean it with denatured alcohol.

Matt, the nitro sport has a single needle carb, the sport is equipped with the TRX .15 not the TRX Pro .15

Last edited:
That's why the Nitro Sport is called the entry level nitro, with a single needle carb, it makes tunning easy for nitro beginners.

You can upgrade to the TRX Pro carb, that is an option or the new Sport SE is coming out with the TRX Pro .15 engine already installed so you can have the full power of that engine

Last edited:
Yeah, the SportSE is on the front page, just scroll down

kool thanx guys and i got it runnin just gotta buy a new spur gear
any suggegstions and gear sizes for top speed