help new toy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmccabe75

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi
wonder if anyone can help i bought an hpi trophy 3.5 for a present for me and my two sons for a family present from santa, bought it blind just seen it on ebay and bought it when it came i thought christmas had come early then read the instructions to find out it needs running in and lots of looking after which i have done now and love it wife doesn't though.to my horror on new years eve decided to go out with it and when i went to start it realised the glow plug was sitting at an angle and have since read it may be cross threaded to my horror.i think it has an underhead button how hard is it to change and can i re thread it to the same size as it may be dirt someone else said any help woud be much appreciated as love my new toy and dont want to try it yet.

thanks

The button is very very easy to replace and will not be too expensive at all. four bolts and your in

its brand new took it all apart now and going to get a new underhead button thanks for your help

Did you buy it new or used?

bought it new of ebay

New one not much$ easy fix keep the boys the car get rid of the wife and fun will continue oops there i go thinking aloud again !!!!!!!!!!!!enjoy:D

You sound like a great dad! A couple suggestions: KEEP EXTRA GLOW PLUGS AROUND!!! they tend to go out frequently, and Keep cleaning tools around, cause you can revive them usually. also check tuning, because bad tuning can RUIN your nitro engine. Make sure it doesn't get too hot, because if you bought it used, it could be tuned for a very different climate, my dad messed up his engine because he drove his in a different climate with same settings

AND watch revs when breaking it in, try and run it a little rich for the first few tanks.

thanks

more help needed though i bought new fuel model technics big bang 20% and it now runs terrible not revvin right cuts out when full throttle and just not right it ticks over no problem but will not get to the top of the rev range tried tuning but this did not help but i could be doing it wrong but want to take kids out and can't as the are ham fisted and it cuts out which is frustrating for all involved any help would be much apprecviated

Want fuel did you use before

Back