Help needed with starter shaft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landyman66

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all hopefully someone can end my misery,
I have two speed nitro Carson car, it came with a broken pull start so I decided to fit an electric start instead. After fitting it I noticed that the piston wasn’t going up and down when I used the starter, I have checked the owb, with no difference, I have removed the plate exposing the conrod, all seems fine. After building it back up it’s still the same. The engine fails to turn.
I can build it up to the point where I can turn the owb with my fingers but the piston remains still

Is the owb facing the correct way? How old is the owb? I had ones spin on a starter and grip by hand. Some were dirty and needed cleaned, others were worn.

When you use the starter, does the motor spin, or does it struggle to turn the motor?

Is the owb facing the correct way? How old is the owb? I had ones spin on a starter and grip by hand. Some were dirty and needed cleaned, others were worn.

When you use the starter, does the motor spin, or does it struggle to turn the motor?
I don’t think that’s the problem, the shaft the owb sits on isn’t turning the crank/conrod