Help, looking for a 22T clutch bell mod 1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AssyrianSavage

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone help me on this one? I'm looking for a 22t mod 1 clutch bell that will fit my Savage. Looked up and down the internet for it and couldn't find one. I pray I have a chance.

Cheers AssyrianSavage.

Nothing and nothing on Amazon either.
This one here was on ebay in the radio control section.
I don't know how to post the links,but there there!
Its at world of rc parts store.

s_l5006_U84_OOZA.jpg

You could get the 22T 2nd speed gear from here:
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=Rc-Monster_2_speed_2nd_gear

Looks like they have 22,24,25,26,30 gears. You could cut some of the threaded part off the bell since you wouldn't need that for 1st gear like the LST has.

And this bell:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/clutch-bell--2-speed:-lst--mgb-losb3340

I ran those rc-monster gears when I had an aftershock to gear it tall to deal with the smaller tires I ran at the time. Can't recall what tooth count I had, but pretty sure it was +3 over stock on both gears (21/28).

2008-0829-ASNewPinionsMonsterRC.jpg

Is TS looking for a Clutch bell or a pinion?
Nitro or electric?

If you want to post something from eBay get the item number and post that and when you go to eBay just put in the item number.

You could get the 22T 2nd speed gear from here:
http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=Rc-Monster_2_speed_2nd_gear

Looks like they have 22,24,25,26,30 gears. You could cut some of the threaded part off the bell since you wouldn't need that for 1st gear like the LST has.

And this bell:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/clutch-bell--2-speed:-lst--mgb-losb3340

I ran those rc-monster gears when I had an aftershock to gear it tall to deal with the smaller tires I ran at the time. Can't recall what tooth count I had, but pretty sure it was +3 over stock on both gears (21/28).

2008-0829-ASNewPinionsMonsterRC.jpg
That's perfect. But I got one question brother does the losi bell fit a LRP .28 ?

Can anyone help me on this one? I'm looking for a 22t mod 1 clutch bell that will fit my Savage. Looked up and down the internet for it and couldn't find one. I pray I have a chance.

Cheers AssyrianSavage.

My bad,I see that you did say clutch bell.
As folks are doing E conversions!
I hope you did get help!

That's perfect. But I got one question brother does the losi bell fit a LRP .28 ?

Yes. It worked fine with the LRP28S3 and the LST flywheel/clutch, that's what's in the photo I posted earlier. If I remember right, the bell housing is about 1mm bigger than most bells because of how losi built the flywheel. I used standard HPI savage teflon shoes with mine which worked fine.

I'm curious why your gearing so high. You running small tires or something? I have an LRP28S3 in my savage with now 18/47 gearing. It did fine with 17/47 and traxxas 3.8 chevrons on it. I'd have to guess if you go too tall, your going to have shifting issues.

Found an old photo showing (sort of) the losi flywheel/bell on the LRP:
2009-0726-LRP28S3_LSTFlywheelBell.jpg

Was a photo showing something else, but it's the best I can find.

Last edited:
Yes. It worked fine with the LRP28S3 and the LST flywheel/clutch, that's what's in the photo I posted earlier. If I remember right, the bell housing is about 1mm bigger than most bells because of how losi built the flywheel. I used standard HPI savage teflon shoes with mine which worked fine.

I'm curious why your gearing so high. You running small tires or something? I have an LRP28S3 in my savage with now 18/47 gearing. It did fine with 17/47 and traxxas 3.8 chevrons on it. I'd have to guess if you go too tall, your going to have shifting issues.

Found an old photo showing (sort of) the losi flywheel/bell on the LRP:
2009-0726-LRP28S3_LSTFlywheelBell.jpg

Was a photo showing something else, but it's the best I can find.

First I would like to say thanks a lot for taking your time for helping me out brother. Shows your true colours. The reason I'm gearing so high is because of the mod I found on this site to get your savage to go 80 miles per hour LOL I know that's stupid fast but 80 miles per hour is quick and sick LOL if I get it going that fast I'll video tape it and show you. Cheers.

That's right, thought your user was familiar. Pretty sure I saw a thread of you talking about the 80mph rig somewhere.

Send me a vid once you get it installed. Would like to see if/how you use the CB.

That's right, thought your user was familiar. Pretty sure I saw a thread of you talking about the 80mph rig somewhere.

Send me a vid once you get it installed. Would like to see if/how you use the CB.
Oh ya brother once I get everything going I'll get video and pictures on everything and post them right away.

Ps Merry Christmas to all.

Back