Help identifying spare part

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hepher88

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Need some help, not the greatest pictures sorry. So, behind the bumper guard there is a purple metal part that sits in front of where the pins go through to fit the low suspension arms, the metal part sits flush with a hole in both ends for the pins to go through 1st, I crashed the car a month back and broke the low suspension arm but also bent that metal part ever so slightly but it means it doesn't sit flush and so can't get the little e clip on the end of one pin. Luckily there is not enough room for it to come out as the bumper guard is in the way but still not ideal. Any help identifying that part would be amazing, not sure what I'm searching for

Attachments

• IMG_20220318_002128.jpg
    IMG_20220318_002128.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG-20220307-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20220307-WA0000.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 56
That would be an aluminum tie bar. It may be called by other names, but if you download the manual for your car, it should list a part number. Then you can search for that part number and aftermarket ones should show up as well. For what it's worth, a hammer should flatten it right back out, if it is indeed what I think it is.

That would be an aluminum tie bar. It may be called by other names, but if you download the manual for your car, it should list a part number. Then you can search for that part number and aftermarket ones should show up as well. For what it's worth, a hammer should flatten it right back out, if it is indeed what I think it is.
Believe it or not my dad still has the original manual from about 15 years ago ha didn't think about checking it tbh but makes perfect sense. I did think about heating it up and flattening it out but it is so old I didn't want to break it further, would imagine it may crack. I'll have a look and see if I can find it. Thanks man

Hot bodies lightning is what the buggy appears to be. Usually see that plate referred to as a hinge pin retainer. Looks like HB refers to them as "suspension holder":
https://hbracing.com/cars/spare-parts/front-suspension-holder-7075-lightning-series/

Not sure if that's for yours or not.

I had a HB Lightning many years ago, wasn't the best, but also not the worst. Was a decent basher buggy for what I wanted.

This has a lightning 2 in it:
http://www.hpiracing.com/assets/pdfs/parts_id_booklet/92030.pdf

Looks like the part from that manual, C8078 for the front pin holder:
https://www.ooprc.com/product-page/...7075-aluminum-suspension-holder-for-lightning

Last edited:
It is a Lightning 2 RR, about 15 years old tbh but a great basher now I've lifted it a bit for off road. That looks just like the part I'm on about as well thanks! Will check it out

Back