help identifying a car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksrichard

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
A friend gave me a car. Looks like a rustler moter is different. it has a 2019 receiver.
Motor is traxxas. Purple n yellow with a scorpion. In yellow has ?-turn. can't see the rest
Any ideas.

Pictures would help us with your request, theres alot of companies making Stadium trucks.

Sorry. Not sure how to post pix. Help..

Sorry. Not sure how to post pix. Help..

You can email them to me if you don't have a Photobucket or similar to host them with. If you do have a Image Host, use {IMG}{/IMG} tags on each end of the URL of the image. Replace the "{}" with these [] on the IMG tags.

I dont have a pc. Just samsung galaxy s3

Here are some pictures from ksrichard:

20121230_100815_zps8a26219d.jpg

20121229_203411_zps658575d8.jpg

20121229_203341_zps4bf126bb.jpg

20121229_203301_zpsa21120b5.jpg

Looks like a traxxas tustler with a stinger 20t motor. Dont know the esc though.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

It depends on what you want to do with it. It would be great to fix up for a basher. If you want to race it, you would have to spend some money. It looks like it needs some wheels, a battery, some rewiring, a body, and a radio. Alot of people use the Rustler Chassis as a base for a LCG Conversion for the 2wd Slash.

A battery and a decent ESC would make it a great little basher.

Thanks. I have a vxl for speed. Wanta get 3.3 for my nitro. I want to Finish a few other upgrades
And projects. Ill set that to the side for now.

For the Rusty with the AM radio, you really need a failsafe. It's no fun watching your rig get run over because you can't get out of someone's way.

Yup an old school Rusty. Good little bashers. I have had a couple and they were fun stadium trucks. Just a plain simplistic RC that you can have fun with. Not much and it would be up and running no problems I am betting.

Not sure what u mean by "rusty" I'm assuming an old car that needs a little rc love. I have everything but wiring anda good esc. I have one from my vxl but the vxl runs great upgraded pinion. One size.
Pretty quick. I already blew chunks out of a pair of dirt hawgs proline #1175 and a pair of traxxas
Anacondas. In 4-5 charges. Lhs said I'm catching on something. They can't handle the balloning.
Any ideas on a better tire? Id like to use the rims i have. Ill just soak them in acetone.

I loved my dirt hawgs on my vxl rusty didnt have any problems though. But what the "rusty" is just another term for rustler. Correct me if I'm wrong though thats what iv been taking it as. Kind of like instead of mini erevo = merv

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, Rusty is a nickname of the Traxxas Rustler. As far as the Proline Dirt Hawgs, I run them on 3s on my mERV and have no issues with ballooning.

I did a lot of doughnuts wen i first got it. Wanted to test extremes of power and speed. I run mostly road. Next set of tires i want to concentrate on control and handeling. $40 a pop adds up quick for 2 days of use.

Anacondas will handle speed upwards of 60MPH with no problems and the Dirt Hawgs Shouldnt have near the amount of balloning that the Anacondas do. Sounds to me like a kit problem or misuse.

Back