Hello everyone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanDallas

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to bother but I need your help with this I want to put a turbo on my traxxas 3.3 what do I need I have the turbo already so what is next please help

Probably a different motor mount and clutch?

Turbo charger? What brand/model of turbo is it (and most likely this isn't going to work). Better off putting in a better motor, like and O.S .21tm or Dynamite .19 mach2.

Turbo charger? What brand/model of turbo is it (and most likely this isn't going to work). Better off putting in a better motor, like and O.S .21tm or Dynamite .19 mach2.
100% this, turbo/superchargers do not give you any performance gain, it is impossible in this application for them to.
the exhaust port is open at the same time if not longer than the intake port, so any boost (positive pressure) just blows straight out the exhaust, reducing efficiency of the engine as a fuel standpoint, adding extra weight and possibility for air leaks, and interrupting exhaust pulses causing the engine to run incorrectly, and get incorrect fuel intake, making it run lean.
they look cool, and looks cool on paper, but effectively they will reduce performance and wear out your engine faster.

Back