Heisenburg's Handy Dandy RC body storage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenburg

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Boating
Mounted over a staircase in my hallway, using adjustable curtain rods, I created a way (a very long time ago, because these racks are full) to store bodies.

RC Body Racks.jpg

I have all mine in a pile upside down on a shelf in the closet. The brand new LST2 body is massive and I have no use for it anymore... Regardless, those little compression rods would probably be strong enough to hold actual trucks up as well. Keeps the springs/tires from being compressed while in storage.

That Mad Max 1979 might be short course. Built on a dare for my Rustler 2wd. (Thread coming soon) Rides on that platform like a parade float. Need to jack up springs to keep nose off the ground.

I plan to do 20 threads, each 1 about the different bodies I have. I am working on a 2001 Skyline GTR V Spec to use on my 4x4 Rustler platform at this time. I hope they will all be unique endeavors that spawn new ideas.

I built a new RC Room, and with that, bigger RC Body Racks to house my bodies.

Attachments

• RC Body Rack 1.JPG
    RC Body Rack 1.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 66
  • RC Body Rack 2.JPG
    RC Body Rack 2.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 65
Nice! I need to do that, my body collection is out of control :D

I'll post a recipe of the parts I used. Bought it all in 1 'Depot visit. 75 inches tall, 55 inches wide, 11 inches deep, 9 inches between rows.
I plan to do 20 threads, each 1 about the different bodies I have. I am working on a 2001 Skyline GTR V Spec to use on my 4x4 Rustler platform at this time. I hope they will all be unique endeavors that spawn new ideas.
Does anyone want me to post my body work still?

I'll post a recipe of the parts I used. Bought it all in 1 'Depot visit. 75 inches tall, 55 inches wide, 11 inches deep, 9 inches between rows.

Does anyone want me to post my body work still?

Definitely!

I stopped posting my bodies by Heisenburg because no one seemed interested, and my threads all got merged into one. Would it be better to post a new thread for each body, or combine them all?
Incidentally, I own 1:1 scale versions of everything on the 2nd row from the top, except that fire truck, which I built to honour my Dad's retirement. I'll give posting another go.

I used 2X12s for the 72 inch sides, 2X12 for the 55 inch base, 2X12 for the 55 inch top top, 1 1/4 round sticks for the rows, and braced it with 2 corner braces inside each corner. Used a spade boring bit to make the holes 7/8 inch deep, then laid the other side on top and drilled a small hole to spot the hole locations for the opposite side and bored those out. Did a test fit, then painted the pieces with satin black. 9 inches between rows, and had the sticks spread as far apart as I could between the sticks on 1 row. I wanted to make the base from 16X2, but they didn't have it.

I was thinking the same thing. You can't wear any watches, chains, braclets, necklaces, or have exposed zippers, buckles or buttons near my 1:1 hot rods. I keep a metal detector in my garage for scanning passengers prior to boarding

What kind of watch is that? Hey, if you post your vids to youtube, I'll go too. I have this Canon DSLR , hope it can catch the magic.