Heavy duty ring and pinion?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know if they make a heavy duty version of the stock ring and pinion gears for the LST2/XXL diffs? I just blew one out the other day on my electric conversion.

Have you looked into that smart diff?

transmited from a mobile communications device

No I havent....I'm still unclear as to what they even are but I thought those were center diffs for the Losi 8ights and 8ight-Ts.

I ended up shelling out $70 on 2 TiNi Ring and pinion sets. Hopefully my Tekin T8 wont tear those up too lol.

I think the tiNi gears are the only HD gears available for the LST.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

yup - the tini are the only one available.

running a BL system on an XXL/LST2 makes diff shimming more important to prolong the use of the diff pinion/crown. Also, loosen the slippers from loose to tight as in a BL application, the tightness is very sensitively crucial compared to when the XXL is a nitro..ie..no difference when the nut on the slippers is between 1/2-3/4 turn out(nitro xxl) but makes a lot of difference in a BL - either still too strong (stress to the gears) at 1/2 turn out compared to very strong at 3/4 turn out.

also maximum specs BL powered system is a destroyer of pinion/crown, bevel gears and all the drive gears..just take it easy on throttle..noting is bullet proof (even I have destroyed a Flux BP pinion/crown due to continuing to use a very loose wobbly bearings on the diffcup in my flux).

I ordered some GPM Aluminum diff cases too because when I tore my diffs apart to replace the gears I discovered the inside of the plastic case was chewed up and had bits of plastic getting caught up in the gears in there....The beveled gears looked fine but I decided since I already have my firstborn son invested in this kit might as well make sure they are 100% since I replacing just about everything else heh