Heat issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obstacle_Magnet

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yesterday I got a castle sw3 and 5600kv motor combo and a 3s lipo. I can only get about 10-15 min run time before my esc goes into thermal shutdown and my motor is about 150 degrees (I think thats a bit to hot). How can I reduce temps?

3 cell is way to many volts for that 5600kv motor . and your run time is way to long... My limits on 3 cell is 3500kv ..and only run for 6-8 minutes max b4 cool down ....ID run 2 cells max and go up a couple teeth and shorten run times..just cuz a company says its 3 cell capable dont make it in real run time.

3 cell is way to many volts for that 5600kv motor . and your run time is way to long... My limits on 3 cell is 3500kv ..and only run for 6-8 minutes max b4 cool down ....ID run 2 cells max and go up a couple teeth and shorten run times..just cuz a company says its 3 cell capable dont make it in real run time.

Thanks!

Could probably check on the traxxas forum. I'm sure you can find loads of info there specific to that truck.

I tend to run lower kv/longer length motors with more torque and gear them up. But I don't have anything as light as a 2wd slash. I just dropped a 1/8th scale 2200kv in my 4x4 stampede with a 150A esc. lol! The closest thing I have to you is my converted eJato and I run a 3200kv 3660 hobbystar in it. It's probably geared for around 40mph. I have a 3665/3100kv from my stampede I may put in it.

Castle's listing with both the 4600kv and 5700kv are kind of odd. They list it as 2S-3S, but then say 100,000 RPM max. Well, a 5700kv on 4S would get you just short of 100K rpms...

Either way, I'd hit up the traxxas.com forum and see what the tons of people there run in that truck specifically.

Could probably check on the traxxas forum. I'm sure you can find loads of info there specific to that truck.

I tend to run lower kv/longer length motors with more torque and gear them up. But I don't have anything as light as a 2wd slash. I just dropped a 1/8th scale 2200kv in my 4x4 stampede with a 150A esc. lol! The closest thing I have to you is my converted eJato and I run a 3200kv 3660 hobbystar in it. It's probably geared for around 40mph. I have a 3665/3100kv from my stampede I may put in it.

Castle's listing with both the 4600kv and 5700kv are kind of odd. They list it as 2S-3S, but then say 100,000 RPM max. Well, a 5700kv on 4S would get you just short of 100K rpms...

Either way, I'd hit up the traxxas.com forum and see what the tons of people there run in that truck specifically.

Thanks!

I don't get why people are so impressed with the number of Kvs a motor has, the higher the KV the less torque it's going to have and the lower you're going to have to gear your car in order to make it work. Lower KV motors have higher torque and you can gear them up without running into heat issues