Headers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroCJ

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been reading in some of the posts that people use a Duratrax header with their Traxxas engines. I looked at Towerhobbies and they have one for the Duratrax street force, nitro quake, and one for the maximum series... Could ya'll help me by telling me which one will work for the new Traxxas 2.5 engine? thanks.

-Chris

To my knowledge, there is no aftermarket header available for the 2.5 engine, have no fear though, just a matter of time and you will have several to choose from

Does the 2nd gen NJ big tube header fit it?

I dont even know WHO is making after market headers or pipes for the NEW TMaxx.

:doh:

Wow, I was under the impression that the aftermarket parts for the pro trx.15 would fit the 2.5.. Thanks for clearing that up!

The header doesn't point the same direction. Almost all aftermarket parts for the TMaxx will fit the new TMaxx. EXCEPT for engine parts as best I can tell. And CVD's too. Need longer ones now than what you would have used before.

If it is made to fit the pro line suspension it SHOULD. But, I would write tech support of ANY CVD manufacturer at this point to make sure. Just to save the aggrevation of a misfit. If it doesn't say its made specifically for the new Maxx, be careful.

For an after market header you might want to check if any of the ones that fit the big block .15 will work on the new Traxxas engine.