Header pipe to Exhaust pipe tube

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizzle67

RCTalk Qualifier
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
I am looking for ideas on the cheap and easy side. I have some cars where the tube that goes in between the header pipe and exhaust need to be replaced. My LHS only has Traxxas stuff and it kinda works but not the best. What else is there? I am thinking of utilizing Ace for rubber hose. Has anyone done this? Maybe find hose from Napa that is fuel safe? Let me know what your guys use in a pinch. Also dont know the term for what its called which could help me I guess on AMain site to see option. TIA

The part you're looking for is called the exhaust coupler.

There's a few out there, I'd sort them into "large" and "small" diameters, appropriate for large and small block engines and their pipes, and there's one which goes from large to small, depending on what you need.

Yes, exhaust couplers and they're not overly expensive. Should be relatively easy to find them out there.

HPI couplers aren’t overly expensive, but if you need several you can go to your local auto parts store with your pipe and pick up a silicone hose that fits snug on it. They typically sell silicone hoses by the foot, and one section can be used on multiple cars.

316EF941-AAD2-433E-A8D1-822195B2CA8F.jpeg

Thats the idea I was looking for. Its the same kinda thing with exhaust gaskets. I make my own now so I dont fear removing the header pipe and destroying one.