HCR Mutant maxx chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hulkmaxx

Wanna know my secrect. I'm always ANGRY!
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I came across something online the other day. I located a new in the package HCR mutant maxx truggy conversion complete to swap over any maxx based rig into a center diff truggy config. Does anyone know much about these conversions? Not a lot about them online what I have found they sound pretty decent. Just thought I would post it was intrigued by it. I know the JT Hybrid truggy conversions were good because my buddy ran one back in the day.

Yep had my eye on that chassis too.

Price is too high for that rig. Also he may only have the chassis I couldnt see a differential in the packaging.

I searched and found out the center diffs were geared to low to do any good and that was back in the day.

Long story short its a fan boy piece buy the JT Hybrid Chassis, however for an ultra rare build that few will have or have even seen go with it and let us know how it works out.

I located a new in the package HCR mutant maxx truggy conversion complete to swap over any maxx based rig into a center diff truggy config.

New in the package? Man, that's a rare find. What all is included with the kit? Could you post some pics of it? I have a Mutant Maxx chassis I'm saving for a future build.
What I know so far is the Mutant chassis uses the fuel tank, battery box and center diff from the old GS Storm 1/8 buggy, although I'm sure any buggy center diff would work as long as the spur gear was large enough.

Yep had my eye on that chassis too.

Price is too high for that rig. Also he may only have the chassis I couldnt see a differential in the packaging.

I searched and found out the center diffs were geared to low to do any good and that was back in the day.

Long story short its a fan boy piece buy the JT Hybrid Chassis, however for an ultra rare build that few will have or have even seen go with it and let us know how it works out.

Yes I agree the price is way to high. I contacted him and he is in no way willing to deal on the price:(

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

New in the package? Man, that's a rare find. What all is included with the kit? Could you post some pics of it? I have a Mutant Maxx chassis I'm saving for a future build.
What I know so far is the Mutant chassis uses the fuel tank, battery box and center diff from the old GS Storm 1/8 buggy, although I'm sure any buggy center diff would work as long as the spur gear was large enough.

It's the total package guy said it comes with everything need for the swap. He is just to high on price and unwilling to deal!:(

As rare as that is, I don't know if it would be worth while removing the packaging and building it. Its probably worth more as is.

I’ve owned both the HCR mutant and the JT hybrid. Both handle better than a standard Maxx MT mainly due to the lower CG. The JT has kick up built into the front which gives the same caster adjustment as a standard maxx has (10 degrees maximum with standard a-arms) whereas the HCR does not have any kick up and only 3 degrees of caster possible with standard a-arms. Both of those rigs lack of caster is the main reason they didn’t live up to their potential and fell by the wayside IMO. Current Gearing options and engine clutches are much better suited for both chassis now but you still have to live with the caster and almost 0 camber gain which makes a ton of difference in cornering ability compared to a current truggy.

As rare as that is, I don't know if it would be worth while removing the packaging and building it. Its probably worth more as is.

I'm sure it has collectable value but at $330.00 I think that's just to high of a price for it.

Unless you're a avid HCR collector which it sounds like this guy is, it's not worth it.
Did the seller post any pics of it? I don't think I've ever seen a NIP kit in my lifetime.
Pretty interesting.

Unless you're a avid HCR collector which it sounds like this guy is, it's not worth it.
Did the seller post any pics of it? I don't think I've ever seen a NIP kit in my lifetime.
Pretty interesting.

Yah it's on the bay bro. When I get home I will post a link!

The dude knocked his price down to $300.00 I still don't think it will sell though, not with the $239.95 price sticker on it.

Back