hbx .21 engine problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_gti

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a hbx tigershark with a .21 engine i bought rtr from a hobby shop along with 25% nitro fuel as advised buy the guy it was running fine for the first few times i used it...i did the break in period which i was told is 8 tanks first 2 being at idle i tuned the fuel a bit and last time i was out with it. It wouldnt take full throttle striaght away i had to ease into inlt which i was happy with but a friend who has had one a few years started tuning the air and fuel to the point where i can't get it to start now...i had it running since but it was cutting off at the slightest bit of throttle...now it wont start at all and I've noticed that every third or forth pull of the pull start there is no compression at all..any suggestions welcome

maybe he backed a screw out too far and air is escaping through the needle, or your engine could be flooded. take your plug out and crank it a few times to see if any fuel comes out. also set screws back to factory settings and go from there

Took the plug out and yes fuel is spitting out a bit...i can't find the standard settings they are not in the manual :(

Call the company that makes it mine did the same thing

look up the manual on your engine, it should tell you. most engines are designed to be flush with the fitting the needles are in

There are a few really good links on this forum on how to set you needles back to a factory setting... the basic one I use is you turn the hsn 4 to 4 1/2 turns back from closed and for the lsn you make it flush to the inside lip of the lsn arm.. there are good links with pics.. so I hope this helps..

Thanks lad I have no idea what hsn or isn is but i will have a search when i get to a laptop the search wont work on my phone