Hate building bead lock wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Drop one of these MIP THORP Speed Tips in your cordless drill or screw driver, I got the 2MM hex one and it cut my 8 Shooter build time into less then half, just make sure you go slow so you don't strip out you holes in your bead lock wheels...

http://www.miponline.com/MIP/STWrench.html

original_1.jpg
shapeimage_2.png

original.jpg
shapeimage_3.png
:D

Last edited:
those things are a must have for sure!!! and i do hate putting together a wheel...

thats why every set of locks I've had in the past havent held, that exact reason.

Mine have 80 on my proline 8 shooters and 144 on my proline 40 series bead lock wheels, so this bit will come in very handy...

Very good point. :hehe:

Yeah I thought so, I could just here some one getting one of these bits, throughing it in a 18 volt drill and stripping out all there bead lock holes, and then going I didn't know any better...:whhooo::hehe::p::D

i use something simular in my little battery screw gun. its HUGE help!! i have !96! screws in my beadlocks!! between setting my hard foams, lining up my tire, rim and beadlocks it still takes 45 minutes to do all 4..