has anyone gone in second in reverse?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going that fast in forward scares me if I roll going forward while cornering right after I have applied the brakes when I was in second gear I can just imagine second in reverse I would need a very big broom to sweep up what was left of my maxx

Chaz and i have gone full chat in reverse,like nutters.

EP would be cool if you could ship over here with your maxx:banana:

Mike c read your thread from 13 posts back! :D

babytrax.jpg

Originally posted by Easy-MAXX
Chaz and i have gone full chat in reverse,like nutters.
What the heck does this mean? Some UK talk that the US does not understand. Sounded like you were saying full on cool beans reverse but that's just me.

"full chat" or "full tonk" are groovey for full speed or WOT , not the kind of sayings your english teacher would have taught you;)

so all of you say that you havint gone in 2nd backwords besides me?
YA, but i did it!

To clear it up me 'n' Easy have both gone WOT in reverse using 2nd gear and both stripped the reverse gear of teeth in the tranny.
We're saying its not wise to do it for a prolonged period unless your willing to rebuild your gear box.

babytrax.jpg

Mike - Yes, my maxx has kicked into 2nd when going in reverse a few times. Actually, you should try getting some air in reverse, it really impresses any spectators. To me it doesn't really make much difference, roll the truck in forward, or roll it in reverse, most of the time it comes back up on it's wheels, and if I don't roll it a few times a day, I don't feel like I'm driving hard enough.

Matts, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are separate fwd and rev gears, are there. I mean, aren't the same two primary gears spinning the other way to go in reverse? Otherwise, I agree, it seems like a waste of time/money/weight/durability to put a second reverse gear in the tranny. I've only had mine apart once, and didn't look at it that closely.

I agree the reverse primary is the little one in my picture earlier stripped of its teeth.
Maybe as its smaller it can't handle the shift into 2nd.

I'm sure someone out there can explain this better. :D

babytrax.jpg

thrash it till it breaks....then find out what is not up to the job:banana:

:banana: thanks now only if i had the the wallet to hold that kine of mony:banana:

Originally posted by Easy-MAXX
"full chat" or "full tonk" are groovey for full speed or WOT , not the kind of sayings your english teacher would have taught you;)
True. My teachers mostly told me how to get to the Principal's office and so forth.

Originally posted by El Pirata
True. My teachers mostly told me how to get to the Principal's office and so forth.

was it cos you commented on her fine ass-ets

:banana:

Back