hardened diff. gears for the lx pro?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trackmagic27

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi, i have an OFNA ultra lx pro (first gen.) and was wondering if they make hardened diff gears? I've replaced them 3 times and people keep telling me thats not normal. I believe the 9.5 MBX or one of the OFNA 9.5 buggys has hardened gears as an option, but nothing apperas in the lx pro, do know any other brand that makes hardened diff gears and could fit my ultra lx pro?

you shouldent have a problem... are you putting oil in your diffs???

re

not really, I've heard from 2 side, one that thats the prob, lack of dif oil and the other side that it shouldnt matter. which is wright, i wanna lean to the lack of oil but maybe I'm wrong.

Well I just ripped apart my diffs on my truggy which is LX Pro based,and they were all full of grease. I dont have but a couple of tanks in it so there was no damage to them at all. I'm going to be filling them with fluid,and I would advise you to do the same. In the vary least put a thick grease in them. Most any metal to metal moving bits needs some lube.

Did they have grease in them the 1st time you pulled them apart? My rear and front had alot,center did not have much. My GS Storm had almost NONE in it when I pulled them apart.

yes,i figured they had no oil at all, so ill be going tomorow at my lhs if they open to get some

thanks