Halp!!! my 4X4 is front wheel drive only

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I took my LST2 and did an electric conversion on it and went out to try it out yesterday at the gravel quarry. for the first few minutes everything was fine....I even pulled a couple of wheelies. but then I noticed it wasn't running right and I heard these loud clicking noises.

So I pulled the rear diff apart and i can't find anything wrong. Pins arent broken, no worn, chipped, or broken teeth on any of the gears....nothing at all that I can see. I know the problem has to be in the rear diff though because yesterday when i was messing with it I could hold the rear tires with my hands and give it some throttle and they didnt spin (The driveshaft going to the diff was spinning though), something was making a grinding/clicking noise. If I tried to hold on to the front tires and give it some throttle I couldnt hold on to them. This has got me totally stumped...

Last edited:
Sure a grub screw didn't fall out of the driveshaft where it attaches to the diff?

+2

My 5ive only had rear wheel drive after I exploded the CV pin on the center shaft attaching to the diff.

Yup...sure enough....it was a grub screw. The one that holds the output cup on the transmission. It appears I forgot to loctite it when I put the tranny back together after doing the FOC to it. It threw me at first because the first time I flipped it over to spin the wheels by hand it was spinning but when I went back and flipped it over and held the tires and gave it throttle I saw it slipping. IDK how I missed that the first time around. Well any ways thanks for the help.

Back