haha, finally broke something, the old fashioned way!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwong2001

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I don't know exactly what happened. All I know is that the truck didn't quite take the jump right and now I got a broken part. Anyhow, the trunk came to a stop upside down and right before is stopped, I heard a big pop and thought I busted the spur gear...but it was the rear dogbone. Guess the LHS will get a visit. I think the rear HB CVD is in order.

657DSCN0441.JPG

657DSCN0443.JPG

657DSCN0442.JPG

That is a normal item to break. It's also the reason I am having them custom made.

Yeah but the most I ever really break is the spur gear. This's a lot for me.

Lol, welcome to the club Kwong. You broke your first stock DB. If you're gonna get the HB CVD's, be sure to take the cross pin grub screw out, and put a good ammount of green loctite on it. I've had that screw come loose and let the pin come out twice (one front, one rear).

now you have a very small tack hammer

Originally posted by error401
Lol, welcome to the club Kwong. You broke your first stock DB. If you're gonna get the HB CVD's, be sure to take the cross pin grub screw out, and put a good ammount of green loctite on it. I've had that screw come loose and let the pin come out twice (one front, one rear).

I've got the from CVD right now. And I did remove the screw and put loctite on it. I'll also do that with the new CVD i'm getting tomorrow.

Fantasy world, here I come. Hey wdavidhicks, you know I went there yesterday, like 5 minutes after they closed and they wouldn't let me get my stuff. Kinda pissed me off since I drove all the way from Federal Way when there's way closer hobby shops.

I still haven't been there. This .21 switch is startin' to piss me off. There's too much disparity between the scales with metric and SAE.

I thought the T-Maxx had some 5x10mm bearings in it. It doesn't.

Well all I can say is, you're getting into the custom side of r/c. You'll run into more and more obstacles.

Now as for the LHS, you really need to go there. They own compared to ultimated and Hobby Town USA. They're actually knowledgable, stack their shelves, and are willing to help you even if you're buying a $2 part instead of a $420 savage!

i found the hb cvd to be crap fro the rear drive shaft.. I've tryed it all and always loose its pin.. I'm stichign with the HPI HD chrome bone and not a issue ever since..

Originally posted by error401

what is GREEN loctite? I know of blue and red, where red is perminant.

I'm in your area!

It's rare to find people around here. I'm out in puyallup. Where do you typically bash at? I haven't found any good places yet but was curious if you knew of any good tracks? I know, I know, it's a t-maxx but still fun to run. Let me know if you know of any place. Thanks

Originally posted by RobH

what is GREEN loctite? I know of blue and red, where red is perminant.

Rob, I have a little bottle of the green stuff, and it's seen alot of action. The green is semi permanent, in that it takes some heat to get it loosened up enough to take out. The red is permanent (like you said), and the blue stuff is crap (IMO) since I have yet to get it to hold poop to pavement. The green stuff is pretty tough, but I have had some screws to back out over a long period of time.

Originally posted by kwong2001
Well all I can say is, you're getting into the custom side of r/c. You'll run into more and more obstacles.

Now as for the LHS, you really need to go there. They own compared to ultimated and Hobby Town USA. They're actually knowledgable, stack their shelves, and are willing to help you even if you're buying a $2 part instead of a $420 savage!

kwong, isn't fantasy in Tacoma? I have been to ultimate in Auburn right? That place sucks, and well Hobbytown USA Southcenter sucks too.

Lutebro! A Maxx-owner in Puyallup! Welcome to the club and welcome to RCNT! You'll get your eyebrows shaved at the first meeting but they grow back pretty quick. :thumbup:

Check out this thread:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5238

I hooked up with Kwong one day to go out there. He's the only one I've met from this board. Still waitin' to hook up with Nitro Dave one of these days. (Still want to attend one of the grand scale bashes, too.)

I've gone to Wildwood Park on 23rd Ave SE. It's got a couple baseball diamonds on two different elevations. You can get great air where the elevation changes but other than that it's pretty flat.

I've gone to Game Farm Park in SE Auburn. They've got some rolling terrain but nothing you can really get air from.

I never ran my truck at continuous WOT for extended periods but the places I've chosen allow lots of WOT running without fear of running into anything. I think this pattern of operation may have contributed to the poor compression and difficult hot-starting on my 2.5 engine. (Which has been replaced.)

I would really like to check out those dirt piles where they're building that new Sumner exit off 167. I drive past it and drool.

I have to say HobbyTown USA is a little bit better than Ultimate Hobbies but neither one seems to carry proper stock.

I went to Tacoma RC Raceway for the first time yesterday. They've got some common replacement items. I bought some D'Donnel fuel and some glow plugs from them. Their indoor nitro track looks pretty cool. They have open racing on Saturdays and I think it's free.

The conversion is finished. Today is break-in day for a new Picco Outlaw.

Originally posted by wdavidhicks
Lutebro! A Maxx-owner in Puyallup! Welcome to the club and welcome to RCNT! You'll get your eyebrows shaved at the first meeting but they grow back pretty quick. :thumbup:

Check out this thread:

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5238

I hooked up with Kwong one day to go out there. He's the only one I've met from this board. Still waitin' to hook up with Nitro Dave one of these days.

I went to Tacoma RC Raceway for the first time yesterday. They've got some common replacement items. I bought some D'Donnel fuel and some glow plugs from them. Their indoor nitro track looks pretty cool. They have open racing on Saturdays and I think it's free.

The conversion is finished. Today is break-in day for a new Picco Outlaw.

wdavidhicks- we gotta get together and bash. If there is more of us in the south end then even better.
Tacoma RC Raceway has an indoor nitro track? Is it offroad? That would be the best.

I just got off the phone with Tacoma RC Raceway. They're at 4802 S Adams in Tacoma, Right off S Tacoma Way.

Saturday open racing is $6.53 from 10:00-5:00. Club racing starts at 5:00. If you want to compete at 5:00 the cost is $10.88 which includes the all day practice. It's just club racing and they don't enforce ROAR requirements. (*phew*).

The track isn't super-huge but it's a good size. Straightaway on one long side turns left into a straightaway across the end, then work your way back through some hairpins and well-placed whoop-de-doos. I don't think I'll need second gear.

The front door goes into a modestly-stocked parts counter with some common replacement items. I didn't take a good look at their inventory.

They've got lots of tables along two sides of the track for wrenching and a elevated driver's stand. Two big prop fans blow nitro fumes out by the front door so you're in the mood before you even step inside.

So it's an indoor NITRO track? Can you go there on anyday they aren't racing and just practice?

Wouldn't mind going there today...if they aren't racing

I might check that out in an hour or so...my ntc3 is still in my car

Sorry if this is OT, but Kwong, it looks as though your pipe is going to fall out, I think it wouldnt hurt to shove the coupler a mm or two up on the pipe.

Indoor off-road dirt track, dude. I don't think your NTC3 would do too well. They're open every day but you can only run nitros on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Good place for the Savage after you give it a good bone. :hump:

Originally posted by wdavidhicks
Indoor off-road dirt track, dude. I don't think your NTC3 would do too well. They're open every day but you can only run nitros on Wednesdays and Saturdays.

Good place for the Savage after you give it a good bone. :hump:

That is awesome, now I can run all winter... I wonder how one of the new Mini T's will fair on a small indoor track?