Had my first runaway (ouch!!)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunslinger686

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
A lesson learned the hard way,after puting a new set of alum clutch shoes on my mammoth i had a trany cup set screw become loose so i fixed it and i found my carb barrel was not opening all the way so i reajusted the throttle servo arm.OK now my truck and my mill is top notch hooking up hard and 100% of the throttle.The problem is I DID NOT USE MY CHECK LIST forgot to put the screw back in the throttle arm and it came off hooked hard at 100% and hit a tree. I get a F- .The damage was not too bad ,lower front suspension arm , two shock shaft's &some bent part's.All in all the mammoth took the lick real good.Take a little time to check your work,look around your work area for stray screw's ect.

Dude any pics of the carnage??? By the way haven't seen you around before welcome to RCNT

Congrats, you not a virgin anymore. Its the hard way to learn where the Screws go. :hump:

Everyone will have a runaway sooner or later. Just be glad the damage was minimal and no one got hurt. Welcome to the club.

Fail safe unit, throttle return spring

It was a runaway at our local track that convinced me to use a fail safe unit by dynamite and a throttle return spring. If you lose your signal or battery voltage drops to about 4 volt the fail safe will return your throttle to the closed position, but if you lose power suddenly, such as a broken wire ect. the throttle return spring will close the throttle. I use both just in case someone at the track is using the same freq. as me.

For me fail safe units are cheap protection at $30.00.
Poncho

falesafe would not have helped this

Throttle arm came off.Had the return spring BUT it held the carb open.

man the first runaway i had was scary as heck. Runingit withou the body the antenna gets caught under the rear tire and pulled out of the reciever. The truck goes full throttle into a curb, almost hits a little kid, SMACKS into a porch, then goes again and hits the nieghbor's porch.

I broke both lower a-arms, and cracked the front skid. That was it for how hard it hit that porch. o man! Flashback! Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

Originally posted by newnitrofan
Dude any pics of the carnage??? By the way haven't seen you around before welcome to RCNT

we must have pic of the crash, its just plain teasing us when u post that u got in a wreck and u dont have any pic.. lol.

later

FUNNY THING THAT,IV HAD MY TMAXX 5 DAYS N IV BASHED IT TWICE,BUT 2 DAY WAS THE BEST,ID JUST GOT MY CAR STARTED N WARMED UP,I DROVE IT ABT TEN FOOT AWAY FROM ME AND IT WENT OFF FULL THROTTLE,SO I BEGAN TO CHASE IT ABT 1/4 OF A MILE ACROSS A FIELD,WEN I CAUGHT UP WITH IT, IT HAD HIT A CONCRETE POST A ABT 40MPH N SMASHED IT TO CRAP,LOL. :whhooo: HAVE FUN BASHIN

Before I had a Failsafe, I was at a parking lot bashing with my savage...I guess the batteries ran out and you guessed it, my savage ran away from me WOT...there were people watching me from their cars from a distance the whole time I was bashing (i felt cool too before the incident hehehe) and when the truck decided to run from me, (full throttle) I was so embarassed hehehe...I couldn't even look around :puke: I tried to run after it for like 10 yards then i was like :wtf: forget it...heheh...then i walked up to the truck pretending it was all cool and all :naughty: , about 50 yards later, i found the savage upside down after hitting a conrete wall .:marshall:

now i have failsafes in all trucks heheheh

Congrats man, just think...it won't be the last...stated my sut yesterday and forgot to turn on the transmitter. The left knee of my jeans has a big black mark on them from wot and balooned tires. Fortunately it wasn't my face...lol

oh yeah, no failsafe on that one, yet.

Back