Had a pleasant surprise this weekend.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Our local Hobbytown was a disaster, terrible service, lousy stock, etc. the last 5 or 6 times I went there I left empty handed. They finally shut down the year before last and it was no loss. It was sad because they used to be a great shop but the owner handed it down to his son, and he ran it into the ground. Well a month after they closed they reopened in a new location (or so I thought). I never bothered to check it out because I thought they had just downsized.

Well I went by there the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find they had a really good inventory of stuff and decent staff. The owner helped me out. When I said I hadn't been there since they moved, the owner made it perfectly clear that they didn't move, the old shop closed, and this is a brand new franchise, he didn't want anyone to think he was associated with the old shop. He was not a fan either. So now I have a local hobby shop again. :) I picked up my TRX-4m while I was there. Having a decent hobby shop again could be a problem budget wise. ;)

Very cool. I really wish we had something local. Our closest store is a Ontario Oregon which is 30 minutes from us but they usually only deal with airplanes.
He has a few Traxxas parts but it's all old stuff.

Very cool. I really wish we had something local. Our closest store is a Ontario Oregon which is 30 minutes from us but they usually only deal with airplanes.
He has a few Traxxas parts but it's all old stuff.
I'm lucky, there is a good shop close to us that is pretty well stocked with surface stuff and has a crawler course and smallish track behind the building. There are several shops within an hour of me too but that one is 10 minutes from my house. I actually drive past it going to and from my main crawling spot.

Good reminder, Doom! Good hearing you've got one close by again. Thanks. Reminds me I need to drop by the LHS not far from me. Pre-Covid since I've been there. Need to go in for a look-see and buy at least something to support them. 'AC'

Our local Hobbytown was a disaster, terrible service, lousy stock, etc. the last 5 or 6 times I went there I left empty handed. They finally shut down the year before last and it was no loss. It was sad because they used to be a great shop but the owner handed it down to his son, and he ran it into the ground. Well a month after they closed they reopened in a new location (or so I thought). I never bothered to check it out because I thought they had just downsized.

Well I went by there the other day and was pleasantly surprised to find they had a really good inventory of stuff and decent staff. The owner helped me out. When I said I hadn't been there since they moved, the owner made it perfectly clear that they didn't move, the old shop closed, and this is a brand new franchise, he didn't want anyone to think he was associated with the old shop. He was not a fan either. So now I have a local hobby shop again. :) I picked up my TRX-4m while I was there. Having a decent hobby shop again could be a problem budget wise. ;)
Thats awesome dude!