GT and fuel filters

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CNSelf

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I tried putting a fuel filter on my GT last night and couldn't find a good place to secure it, so I went to Google images and looked at all the GT's I could dig up - almost all of them were sans filter. Is there something about the GT that makes filters tough to install or did I just see a bad sampling of pics? Most of them used a very short link between tank and carb, which is what I have as well.

Thanks for any guidance on how & where to strap this thing down

I don't run a fuel filter neither do any of the guys at my local track. I bought one and put it on for like 1 day and took it off.

your tank filter should be fine if you don't run in really dusty terrain. I do so I put one on all my offroads! Follow EP's advise and zip tie that thing some where safe!!

Jon

Gotcha - I just couldn't figure out why I didn't see a single one with a filter on it - I'll have to figure a place out because I do run it in dusty conditions. Will fuel tubing melt if it has to go around the heat sink?

yeah it will try some of the heat shielding that the Tmaxx has in there

just cut a spot in ur fuel line between the tank and the carb. u dont really want it around any moving parts where it could flop in the way. u would be better off zip tying it to like a shock tower or something.

later