GS Storm RTR Question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impresso

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Have a gs storm rtr that needs a set of bevel gears for the rear diff. Can't seem to locate anywhere. Is there an alternative that i can use instead of having it sit on the sidelines? I searched and found a post that said the gears for the Kyosho Inferno will work. Brother ordered gears and they were a tad to small. Here's the link to that post. Thank you in advance for your help.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39207&highlight=gs+storm+rear+diff+gears

Dang,

I used to have a gang of bevel gears. I am sure I have some used ones. PM me your addy, and I will send them out your way. I just have to locate that bin in my wonderfully organized pile..LOL

Kyosho Mp6 internal diff gears will fit the buggy. Also, order a set of shims, and shim the play out of them.

The part numbers are KYOBS036 and KYOBS037. You will need 2 packages of the KYOBS037's, as they come two to a pack.

Storm

I'm Brett, new to this site but I have GS threads on rctech and rcuniverse. I have 3 Storm Pros, one of which is tricked out with Fioroni aluminum parts. I also have the relatively new GS CL-1 Advanced but havn't completed it yet. As for parts, don't forget Ebay. Our GS Storms are very inexpensive on Ebay. You can find parts and whole cars very cheap. I recently saw a Storm Pro with engine and JR radio go for 150. A Storm w/o engine and radio for 90. Good luck with the parts search and take a look at those other threads to. I'm trying to start GS threads on these sites to help GS gain popularity in the US. I've had one of my Storms that started as a RTR, for about 5 yrs. and it's still going strong. I love the durability of GS buggies.

Back