Gs Storm Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3guk

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi Guys,

A few months back i purchased a GS storm buggy. And ill be honest i dont know that much about 1/8th scale gas buggies.

Anyway it ran like a dream until a few days ago, when i noticed a rattle.

I took it apart and a few bits of sheared metal fell out. Not sure whats missing but the clutch bell is now always loose.

I attached a picture of what i have the only thing that i dont have in the picture is the black clutch bell.

Everything else is in teh picutre !!

Why is it so loose ?

Cheers

Qo39022.jpg

i assume you mean parts fell out of the clutch not the engine where you have the head removed. you probibly need to replace your clutch bearings found here. you will also need to pick up some 5x10mm shims of different thicknesses. these can be bought at your LHS (as well as the bearings they are a std size). put 1 washer behind the clutchbell, install the bell, and then washers and shims until there is about .1-.2m of endplay in your clutchbell. while your in there, you may want to replace your clutch springs and shoes as well, they are relatively cheap and it will help retain consistant performance.

Do you mean you took the engine apart and bits fell out? If so BAD! With the clutchbell always moving around like you say,you might have shattered your crank bearings, and who knows what else. I hope Corrado's take is right because clutch bearings would be much /cheaper/easier to fix.

If it happens to be your clutch bearings ( I really hope it is) Then I recomend www.acerracing.com and spend the lil extra on the ceramic nitrides. Acer backs thier stuff if anything should ever happen like you described.

Last edited:
I just took the cluth bell of at what looked like shattered bearings and a few metal shavings fell out !!

Just bought some new bearings and shims. Praying it was them :)

glad to hear it. if i was right, its a very easy problem to fix.

Back