great trade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EXTREME1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i traded my summit for a revo platinum.finely got rid of the summit it's just been setting around and i ran it for barter on craigslist.i got all kinda offers but when the guy call said he had a revo platinum i said bring it and i'll check it out.i traded the summit w/2 extra batt., charger but i took my big joes off and put the stock at canyons back on.the revo came w/fuel 20%,2 sets of tires,and a spektrum dx3r pro.so i think it was a grt-8 trade.the guy said he had got tired of tuning the nitro every time out and wanted an electric rc.

Last edited:
Id say nice trade UNLESS, all that alloy on the Revo is Integy :hehe:

jw but whats bad about the integy aluminum for revo there is alot on mine from the previous owner but I'm planning on replacing arms and carriers with rmp I'm just curious i know you can't bash aluminum as hard bc it will bend

jw but whats bad about the integy aluminum for revo there is alot on mine from the previous owner but I'm planning on replacing arms and carriers with RPM I'm just curious i know you cant bash aluminum as hard bc it will bend

Fixed, and you answered your own question, and there will be plenty others to chime in on the world of Integy :D

Inte-Junk aluminum is SOFT cast aluminum, bends very easily and the "warranty" you get with it goes dead when you open the packaging.

so pretty much what warranty lol. Are other companys tht make aluminum upgrades better quality or is it all basically the same

GPM, EEM, 3Racing and Vanquish make some good quality parts. There are others out there that I just can't remember right now.

I avoid alloy at all cost with faster rigs I own, but with a crawler/scaler it is feesable and a wise idea to use alloy. But NEVER cast, always CNC milled.

i looked @ the gpm,rpm arms i like the rpms price but i really like the gpm.i read that rpm has somewhat of a warranty.anybody know how good their c.s. is?i'm gonna take it apart and replace all the fluids,adjust everything the way i like it.i've got to get a body the 1 that i got with it is toast.well the paint job is toast.so i'll post more later...

instead of starting a new thread i will post all the parts i order here.so here i go again on a build venge...

Traxxas Revo True-Track Rear A-arm Conversion Kit - Blue 80565 USD$ 49.95
Traxxas Revo Front Right A-arms - Blue 80215 $ 14.95
Traxxas Revo Front Left A-arms - Blue 80225 $ 14.95
Traxxas Long Rod Ends - Blue 80515 $ 9.95
TraxxaRevo 3.3 Axle Carriers & Oversized Bearings Blue 80585 $ 34.95
total w/o shipping $ 129.70

RPM Pro Logo Decal Sheets 70005 $ 4.95
TRAXXAS REVO ALLOY FRONT/REAR ADJUSTABLE SPRING DAMPERS (85MM)WITH COLLARS - 1PR SET - GPM TRV085 $43.04
GPM (TRV027F-TRV027R) - TRAXXAS REVO ALLOY FRONT AND REAR ROCKERARM $28.48
total w/o shipping $76.47

grand total w/o shipping $206.17

i still have to get fluids,body,ect..........:D

Last edited:
You might also look at the RPM bumpers. I also use them on my original 5309 Revo 3.3. Never managed to break one even with my horrible driving....

the tru-track conversion come with bearings ,any reason you need more????

bearings and carriers for the front.couldn't find a ready set for the front.

Last edited:

The RPM front carriers are horrible. Way worse than stock and you will be lucky to keep the pillow balls in place for more than a few minutes. If you want to upgrade the front carriers get the teknos but honestly the stockers work plenty good.

I avoid alloy at all cost with faster rigs I own, but with a crawler/scaler it is feesable and a wise idea to use alloy. But NEVER cast, always CNC milled.

and where does billeted stand?
is billeted machine stamped out metal?

"Billet" means that the part is machined from a solid piece of aluminum. I always ran Stock carriers and just kept a few extra sets in my field box.

never had a problem with front carriers from RPM.

---------- Post added at 8:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:38 PM ----------

did u look on ebay? thats where i got mine. if i can remember i think it was hopmeup. front carriers came with the bearings. i think u got a great trade by the way

even better trade,but it made my wife mad:angry:.had a buddy stop by today and i've been trying to get him into nitro rc.well when i showed him my revo platinum he fell in love.he said i got to have it.and i told him it's not for sale he said i'll trade you my honda 250r dirt bike for it.but the kicker was he didn't want my dx3r pro he wanted my tq1 tx/rx i ask if the dirt bike run he said it did when he parked it @ storage unit 2 yrs. ago.so we went and checked it out and sure enough put fresh gas in it kicked it a few times and da ding ding ding... so i told him i would trade.now i guess i'll have to rebuild my other revo with all the rpm,gpm stuff i ordered for the revo platinum.and when we pulled back up @ my house my wife had a few choice words for me too say the least.i told her i can sell the bike for twice what the rc was worth and she told me good then maybe you can get enough to cover the er bill.i have a race busa,harley those don't bother her but oh a dirt bike hell no.oh well not the first time i made her made in the 10 yrs.we've been married.lol so heres pics. of the dirt bike.and yes it's for sale got to keep momma happy.
after i go to the sandpit this weekend with the guys.

me+dirt bike+budwieser=ER :whhooo:

Last edited:
I deff understand I am in the dog house for spending to much money on my new tmaxx build. And my wife hates my street bike, I got a Harley bobber last summer, with a stroker engine on it, first time i did a burn out with it, she was like send it down the road. But it's still not for sale.

i hear ya.my wife,dad,mom,sis.,want my busa gone but i haven't raced it bout 1 yr.a buddy and i took it grudge racing he rode and put up the cash.my street glide is gonna stay momma luvs it.done the paint on my busa took 6 months.it runs mid 8's.street glide stock w/warranty.

Last edited:
Back