gps units

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scraper

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i see people on you tube clocking there rc cars with a gps unit
does any body know what kind it is .... they look like ones in a car

My personal pick is a Garmin forerunner 301 although any of the 300 series forerunners will work (not sure about older models). The 301 is generally the cheaper of the forerunner units that can be found on ebay. Price range is about $55-$70 bucks last time I was shopping for one. I prefer these cuz they are small and compact and easy to fit in your car/truck.

If you want to go cheaper You can get a Garmin Nuvi 205 or 255/255W These can generally be had for about $35-$45 bux but they are a full size GPS like you would find in your car and much harder to secure under the lid. Hope this helps.

221516_410714075642412_1734778500_o.jpg

I have the Holux GPSport. It's over a hundred, but it's an incredible unit.
It will hold the readings in memory. Even measures altitude if you mount it on a heli or RC plane.

Check it out

I use my old garmin nuvi that my wife bought me 5 years ago... I use my phone now for a gps in my car. No need having more crap hanging in my car, so I break out the garmin when I want to see how fast things go since it keeps track of top speed.

I use waze for gps on my phone, found a few speed apps based off the gps in the phone, but really would rather stick an old garmin to my truck than my $300 phone. :)