Got them working!- Traxxas Stampede (Original) and Mini-T (Original)

• Thread starter Backtothefuture
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backtothefuture

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey All

Thanks for the help and advice so far. Much to my disbelief I have managed to get them both working- have been sitting in the loft for 14 years! Took some soldering and a couple new batteries. And some more bodge-it work.

The Stampede is 'relatively' ok. Probably could do with a new motor.

The Mini-T front bulkhead is still broken but being held together by cable ties and duct tape while waiting for an aluminium replacement I found online.

I did have a question- are many of the new stampede parts compatible with the original? I have emailed traxxas but waiting for a response.

Second was is brushless recommended here? I have old brushed motors in both, just wondering if they are less maintenance/run smoother/faster/cooler.

Can't tell you how much satisfaction is gives me to see them running again.

BTTF

Tried attaching some videos but don't believe I can here- probably too much to host!

Attachments

• IMG_3520.jpg
    IMG_3520.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3518.jpg
    IMG_3518.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3519.jpg
    IMG_3519.jpg
    352 KB · Views: 67
Dont think the stampede (aka called pede) has changed since day 1 only real change was the lexan body......

Thanks TNTpoof, appreciate that!

Think I might take the whole thing apart to 1) remind myself of how it all works and b) clear out the drivetrain as I imagine a fair amount of dust and debris has collected in there.

Awesome to hear, due to coronavirus, doing the same:
Cen Racing CT5 - waiting parts
Traxxas Stampede (XL5 with Titan 12T) - waiting batteries
Losi Mini-T (all CF and aluminum, Mamba 2.5) - waiting batteries
Losi Micro-T - can't find any parts or batteries *any suggestions would be appreciated

On the pede did you swap over to Lipo or still using NiMH?

Last edited:
That is a nice set up!! Very similar to my mini t but I do have a mamba- tempted to buy brushless for my stampede and mini t.

Only thing I can suggest for the micro t is ebay tbh. I had some luck on there with a few bits. That and a lot of googling!

I haven't swapped to lipos, in the end I have decided to stick with NiMH, for now at least. I don't feel like I use them regularly enough to be on the safe lipo train. And I have a functional NiMH charger, so its really just an easy of use/laziness decision.

Back