Got New Shocks and Shoes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I think I got mycrawler pretty much where I want it, the dig is installed and working, I got my new body on and mounted with the EEM Velcro body kit, it works awesome Joe!!!, and to complete the package I now have new tires and wheels

You got to love Pep Boys Auto, 27oz 9 3oz strips of stick on weight for free
P1050250Medium.jpg

Weighted rear wheel 4.5oz on each wheel, 8.5 on each front
P1050255Medium.jpg

My custom oversized 2 stage foam
P1050248Medium.jpg

The new shoes
P1050247Medium.jpg

P1050252Medium.jpg

P1050253Medium.jpg

The Finished Product
P1050263Medium.jpg

P1050266Medium.jpg

I also added Losi crawler shocks that I installed inverted to help keep the CG as low as posible.:D

Last edited:
looks good man...

OH, man, I love how that thing looks! The white is really cool looking - nice job!!

:)

that looks awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what wheels and tires did you use...could you give me a link??

those are HB rover tires and proline 8 shooters

man abadk your crawler has came a long way and man is it badass lol
i love the color

Added more pics

OH, man, I love how that thing looks! The white is really cool looking - nice job!!

:)

Thanks I like the white too, I wanted some clean and simple looking.

that looks awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what wheels and tires did you use...could you give me a link??

Exactly what Rollin said Hb rovers with Proline 8 shooters, I am going to try making more 2 stage foams for the rear too the stock foams by them selves just seem to soft IMO....

Looks nice... How do you like those Losi shocks?

So far so good, I was a little concerned about the ride height but with the new tires I am fine now sitting at about 2-3/4", I also inverted them, I don't know how much difference it is going to make, but the heavier part of the shock is down low...

those are HB rover tires and proline 8 shooters

man abadk your crawler has came a long way and man is it badass lol
i love the color

Thanks rollin it is done for now and I think it came out pretty well too, here are a couple picks of the dig installed with the full size servo mount, the losi shocks which I was able to make the stock mounts that come with it work by drilling them out insted of using fiel tubing, and the body pretty well trimmed to to allow for the new tire clearence.

P1050270Medium.jpg

P1050274Medium.jpg

P1050271Medium.jpg

P1050276Medium.jpg

P1050278Medium.jpg

P1050279Medium.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

looks damn good Curtis....you have made it a real nice comp rig in a short amount of time....great job man.

abadk, that's one nice looking crawler man. I too like the white on the body. And you gave me an idea, I'm gonna hit up the auto parts stores this week for some stick on weights.

I'm gonna hit up the auto parts stores this week for some stick on weights.

Thanks for the props guys, now I just got to get better at driving the beast, LOL!!!

Not sure if you have Pep Boys Auto it is a parts store/repair shop, but you might have more luck at a place like that or even just a tire shop where they would have boxes of a hundred laying around.:D A auto parts place would probably charge for them...:(

Back