got into some slashes.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmahh

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
well now that winters over and were not crawling in the garage, it ws time to get a slash. made a few deals and picked up a stock roller (no motor/esc or wheels) with one run on it, a 5200 SMC lipo, Thunderpower Digital Balance charger, and a prolux ps. and a stock tq2 on yellow. i have to say it is the first ever rtr radio of ANY KIND, that i have been able to run without aproblem. lol the tq2 appears to be solid. lol anyways.

i had Wheels and a stock esc/motor for it to, the motor went to poop so i picked up a 21t 550 silver can mod motor from a local guy. has better torque and rpm then the stock 21t, and is more effecient with the juice as I'm getting a bit more runtime out of it. stock red body as well.

as i was dumping some of my crawler stuff. i made another deal for my moon buggy roller, for a slash with traxxas alum shocks, and alum steering bellcrank and i think upgraded turnbuckles, it came with a stock esc on a Komodo D19t mod motor. as well as an Mtroniks Genesis Pro ESC and Feigao 4436 rpm motor and he topped it off with some cash as well. it also came with a stock red body and a custom kevin harvek body (???not sure on the actual body its modeled after).

i also bought a 100a up to 6s ESC/EZ Run setup from the same local guy i got the 21mod motor from. love the motor, but the esc, though really nice, has no reverse and i dont like the slow start up. it is a Suppo heli ESC and he slighly modifies it by adding a fan and doing a few other things on it. may be great for a straight forward sand dragger esc!!! hmm maybe i smell a build coming out of my TT build. lol

and in a twist of fate i have a Novak 4.5r velocity system coming for it to run at the sand dunes with paddles n razors. lol

anyways such starts my slash adventure, I'm sure it will be a fun ride.

currently i have them setup like such

Blue Slash. has alum bb shocks, blue bell crank, Turn buckles with harvek(?) body running stock esc/D19t Komodo on 5000mah 2S. this will be my modified race slash once i put the mtronics/feigao motor in.

harvek body slash is 100% stock except the body, and i currently have the Mtroniks ESC/EZrun 4300kv motor in it on 5200mah SMC 2S. this is the slash that will get the Novak 4.5R Velocity system and panter paddles/razors for the SL bash.
it will likely be on a set of axial or proline beadlock rims, or a set of alum bl rims i have here.
then some MIP drives, and a swap to 38p gearing.

on with a couple pics
DSCN5499.jpg

DSCN5498.jpg

DSCN5496.jpg

DSCN5495.jpg

DSCN5497.jpg

few action shots of the first slash with the 21t mod motor installed.
DSCN5485.jpg

DSCN5486.jpg

DSCN5488.jpg

DSCN5489.jpg

DSCN5490.jpg

I can already tell, your hooked. You are definatly hooked...... Lookin for a BL setup now arent you???

Congrats on the new rigs. The only thing I would change on the stock Slash is the shock caps. I run the STRC aluminum ones.

Have fun with them!

Nice pick up, so what do you plan on modifying first? more power? LOL!!! My next RC will be either a Slash or a SC10, it won't be for a while, but it will be my next type of RC for sure.

u hear the sc 10s, though very capible track runners, break things fairly easily compared to the slash. maybe something to research befor you buy.

as far as BL systems i already have 2 and one coming

I have a Suppo heli esc that is 100a and will do 2s-6s
i have a Mroniks Genesis Pro esc.
i have a Feigao 4460 bl motor and a EZRun 4300kv bl motor.

i have a Novak 4.5R Velocity system coming too. lol this will be used in the sand dunes. lol

but ya you can say I'm hooked. knew i would be after i sold the one i had last fall. lol

Back