Got Gas??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tvjv2009

The dork that asks all the stupid questions...
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So the 1/8th Scale "gassers" have been out for a minute or two. I do remember horror stories of the Octane when it first hit the market. A bit hit and miss in the xxl2.

Well I have my yearly bonus check burning a hole in my pocket. I have been looking at a gasser. Why?? No clue. I think it is the new technology of the asv on the Losi that intrigues me. Couple of questions..

1) Is the octane getting any better?
2) How satisfied are you over all with either one?

I know that Losi brought out a buggy, but after messin with different models, I think I'm just a single minded monster truck guy.

from the stuff I've read all the 1/8 scale gassers I've seen all seem to have issues with their engines. I've also read the gassers dont generate quite as much power as the nitro versions do either. IDK about everyone else but that makes me not want to buy one at all. Just my .02

if I didn't live so far away I would sell you my octane....
I'm too sacred to even start mine wit all the dramas I had the last time the engine went bang , and I still havent heard anything good about either of them. they don't put out anywhere near the same amount of power than the nitro versions .if I were you I would wait ,I wish I had but I'm a very impatient person.....

That is very honest and straight forward @chickenman242 I appreciate it!
I was recently watching a guy attempt to get one going- And I thought nitro was bad. The engines are more difficult to pull over and are more dangerous due to using 2 stroke...

the octane is fairly easy to start usually on the 2nd or 3rd pull , however after doing everything by the book it had lost compression by around tank 8 and by tank 12 wouldn't start due to the lack of compression

I think that small gassers are a great idea, but the technology isn't quite ready fro prime-time....

the octane is fairly easy to start usually on the 2nd or 3rd pull , however after doing everything by the book it had lost compression by around tank 8 and by tank 12 wouldn't start due to the lack of compression
Meanwhile, in my back garden- my 50 year old 125cc norton villiers still runs strong...

I got about 8 tanks of fuel thru my losi about 25 minutes per tank ...Damn takes a while to break in.
I`am liking it so far starts easy for a big tire truck seems to handle nice....I like the way it jumps

I got about 8 tanks of fuel thru my losi about 25 minutes per tank ...Damn takes a while to break in.
I`am liking it so far starts easy for a big tire truck seems to handle nice....I like the way it jumps
Nice to know :)

I ended up getting a deal on an octane. Seems most of the early issues are being resolved. I really like it so far..

One word of advice, take your time breaking it in and make sure you use mineral 2 stroke oil.
Hope it works out better than mine has

I have been running it a tank a day. I have 3 gallons through it right now. I am planning on tuning it soon.

No issues so far?
I'm hoping that the new engine in mine will go the distance,i still haven't started it yet lol

Pin in one connector bad and I busted a body mount after cartwheeling it a dozen times

Wholeheartedly agree!

i saw the Losi octane Buggy at the LHS. a guy and the staff member who sold it to him were trying to start it but i left before it ever did. Man did it look cool though. Although i have thousands invested in Nitro i consider myself a penny pincher of sorts ;)

Back