Got a nice little box from Tower Hobbies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtboogie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got home from work yesterday and there was a nice little box on my front steps with a Tower label on it. Was thinking about pulling a frickenjoey and taking a pic of the sealed box and play the guessing game with you fellas while I was out running it, but I decided the hell with it and was too anxious to open it to run and go charge up the camera even though I could have taken one with my iphone and uploaded it in seconds lol...

Last edited:
Went with the RC10 T4.1 brushless, Got RPM blue arms and bumpers and gear cover. Associated thread locker, diff lube, and green slime. Had to get a bunch of blue upgrades like lock nuts, shock mounts, motor plate, turn buckles and toe links, servo mounts, and springs(spring rate I wanted) and some battery hold down screws to eliminate the weird odd shapped hard to use plastic ones that came on the rig as well. I am BRAND NEW to lipo so I picked up a Onyx 5000 mah 2s. Also got 3 of the Nimh 3000mah 6 cells for 12 a piece through Tower's scratch and dent sales. The batteries had very minimal issues likt the black coating on the battery cracked on one, so I fixed it with a 1 inch piece of electrical tape. The other 2 had the label some what scuffed up. Had to pick them up as they are usually 26 bucks so saved 30 bucks. Also got 2 of the 2000 mah ones for 21 for both but those were not a scratch and dent deal, and like I said I really just run NImh until I learn and get use to the Lipos. Sorry for the sh*@#y pics I would up taking them with the Iphone anyway and now am out of town so I can't take anymore at the moment.

Attachments

• rc10t1.jpg
    rc10t1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 146
  • rc10t3.jpg
    rc10t3.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 145
  • rc10t7.jpg
    rc10t7.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Nice!!!! How do you like the rig, any problems or suggestions on it.

Man its pretty sweet. Even on concrete this thing handles and has way more then enough power to kick the ass in around and turn sharply like running on a dirt track. Amazing price for how well built the rig is. I would recommend it to anyone interested in a rig like this for a basher or racer. can't wait to get back in town and see if the Lipo will help her stand up on her rear 2 feet. THE ONLY DOWN SIDE to this rig is the damn 2 foot antenna on a 2.4ghz??????????????

I rolled the antenna it into itself, put in the rx box and just pulled a little out into the tube and capped it, runs down the street as far as the eye can see jusssttt fine with no jitteryness or loss of range.

Maybe I missed it, but are those RPM parts for the RC10?

Badass rig and if its all RPM'd, will be SICK!!!!

I will try that out HPI and yup RPM blue wide front bumper, front and rear a arms, as well as a blue cover for the gears that has a opening piece that allows you to adjust your slipper without taking the whole cover off, and then put the piece back on it to protect it again, and then white RPM white rod ends for my toe links and turnbuckles. Here is a pic of the gear cover and you can see the black piece that removes for the slipper adjustment.

Last edited:
Pics got lost from the thread some how but are back up

Last edited:
I may have missed it somewhere but what charger are you using, is it lipo compatable? I know you said you're brand new to lipos and I just don't want you to do any damage to the battery or worse your house. Make sure your esc has the LVC engaged when you run the lipo and be sure to keep an eye on the battery while charging. The hardest part will be remembering to turn LVC on and off as you switch between lipo and nimh, thats if you ever go back to nimh after running lipo, I foresee a few nimhs going to the marketplace to fund more lipos. I hope you don't take this the wrong way just making sure, not trying to insult you, I read about a guy who on his first run of a (overpriced) Traxxas lipo he ran it down until the wheels wouldn't go anymore.

Thanks for the advice schrode. I have done my research on this site and a few other places before I even bought my first Lipo and I believe I have it down atleast enough to get started.lol I have a charger that charges and can balance Lipos, As well as a ammo can to charge and store them in. I have made a big deal about the LVC to myself to. It is kind of stuck in my head to always check to make sure its engaged when using my lipos.

Thanks for the advice schrode. I have done my research on this site and a few other places before I even bought my first Lipo and I believe I have it down atleast enough to get started.lol I have a charger that charges and can balance Lipos, As well as a ammo can to charge and store them in. I have made a big deal about the LVC to myself to. It is kind of stuck in my head to always check to make sure its engaged when using my lipos.

Sweet, you'll love the lipo than. Like I said I just wanted to make sure :D

Back