Good Revo Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Revo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well playing in the parking lot at work with my new (used) revo. Had a little cuddle time with a curb and broke a upper "a" arm or control arm.

This brings me to my question. What are the good upgrades to perform to the revo 2.5 to make it stronger? really a backyard fun machine, no racing at this time.

Thanks for all the info on here...

Personally RPM arms are a must. Also i Would replace the pushrods with lunsford. If your revo has a bolt on header get the spring one. Get a FOC and remove the reverse servo/opti drive, Makes the battery last longer and saves you a lot of time on the workbench. Also get a good servo up front to replace both of the stockers. Running one good servo saves battery life and improves the performance of your rig.

been doing the same research

as far as A arms, I would stay with plastic. There are some decent aluminum arms and complete kits out there which are strong but will break or xmit impact energy to rest of chassis. I hear RPM arms are a different plastic than traxxas and are extremely durable. On the same note the factory parts are all about a 1/3 of the price of most upgrades so I had to ask myself...would the upgrades last 3 x's a long or would they break too?

You can't go wrong with RPM simply because they are stronger and on the off chance you happen to break it they have a lifetime warrentee

Lifetime warranty? That is good to know. You just got me searching again. Thanks!!;)

thanks for the info guys. i was pulling the arms off last night and my LHS has a set of the dyable RPM arms.

I cannot figure out how to get the ball end of the arm out of the axle carrier. It looks as though you pop them out but i am afraid of breaking something.

Any help/ advice would be appreciated.

They unscrew. Just pop the blue dust cover off the end of the axle carrier then remove the black holder with this wrench (should have came with the truck).

http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TRA5475&click=3

Then you can remove the ball end with a hex head (2.5mm I think). Just make sure when you put it all back together that you don't over tighten them or everything will bind. Look at where the pillow threads into the a arm and stop tightening when you can't see the threads anymore. You can then adjust the play with the black holder.

Back