Good Job Hitec!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustedgears

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I can't believe it. I could have sworn I toasted my receiver earlier today.

I was driving my Nitro MT today and I lost control and went into a pretty deep body of standing water and sunk it enough to cover the servos and the radio. Of course it ran off into a tree (didn't break anything) and reved up until I cought up to it and shut her down.

I brought it back to the truck to inspect the damage and the radio didn't do squat even after I pulled it apart and cleaned it all up.

Just for the hell of it, I pulled it back out one last time before it hit the trash can to give it the final verdict. Low and behold it works. Like nothing ever happened.

I'm just glad I didn't make a $50 mistake.

now you see why i didnt want to run sunday. standing water + nitro rc = no no!!! good to hear it didnt toast. did you clean it with da?

beason said:
now you see why i didnt want to run sunday. standing water + nitro rc = no no!!! good to hear it didnt toast. did you clean it with da?

your not very good at formulas are you
Standing water + nitro rc = fun fun fun

jk

Good to hear all your stuff is still working.

Way too many years ago I was driving my Hornet and it went into a grass dip that was full of water. The only thing not under water was the rear wing. Once dried off it all worked again.

From what I've found, if it ever goes under water again, just take out the receiver, open it up and drain all the water out, and leave it open to dry. Once it's totally dry re-assemble and they almost always work again.

If you can open the casing and make sure the receiver's circuit board is clean and dry.I once had a bad encounter with a too deep water(more like sewage clean)and cleaned my receiver and it worked after.It wa a low end Futaba AM receiver.

Used denaturated alcohol and dried it good overnight on a towel above the back of a PC monitor,yes a pC monitor as hot air comes out and after 20 or so hours it was dry.

I used this trick many times to dry computer components at work,looks strange but works great.

Back