good glow plug tool

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moe7404

Hardcore RCTalk User
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i hope i havent posted this before , if i have forgive me. good glow plug tool. buy 1.craftsman 1/4 extension, no 43393 2. craftsman long 8 mm socket 34622. 3. harbor freight rare earth magnets no.67488. put socket on the extension, put 4 magnets in the socket. now you have magnets to hold the glow plug in. see it was easy.

Not a bad idea and it does not have any grabbies on it to wear out over time. I like it. Might have to build me one.

+1. This would be easier than using the ignitor to thread the plug in, then grabbing the nut driver to tighten it down. Even if you posted this before Moe, it was well worth another mention.:)

yea matt iam sure i have posted it, but at my age i foreget a lot. rolex: useing the the same setup for wheel nuts is a great idea.

:D :D

took me a few reads to get it. that's funny right there.

right now iam trying to rig up the same deal for the wheel nuts on a jato. the nut is 7mm. the mags are to big . iam going to keep working on it.

today 12.20 i picked up a craftsman 7mm nut driver 41983. but the mags i listed before wont work. but i did find on the internet a co k&j magnets. they have two mags that might work. d36 dia, 3/16x3/8 thick. d38 dia, 3/16x1/2 thick. i think one on top of the other, in the shaft, will put the depth as good as you can. please note i havent tryed this set up yet. 12.21.10 getting things ready to order the d36, and d38. i will be ordering 25 each, so if any one needs some ill have them for you. will be sending the order off tomorrow.

Last edited:
well sent order off on 12.22.10. still havent got mags yet. hope i dont have to call them

I got tired of using the X wrenches (4 way RC wrenches) with the spring in them and ended up getting a dynamite driver then glued a piece of fuel line up inside it. The tip of the glow plugs fit nicely in a piece of fuel tubing, so it holds the plug really well.

toss out out post 12. the way to do a axle nut driver is like. this nut size is 7 mm. 1. sears 1/4 extension. 2. sears long 7mm socket 34621. 3. k&j magnetics, inc 2ea d38 1/2 long cylinder n42,ni. 4. 1 ea d36, 3/8 longn42,ni. just put the socket on the handle, then put 2 long mags in the socket, then put 1 short mag in the socket. i bought extra mags, so i could sell you some if need be. course this may be only one way to do this, there may an other way. if you need some magnets e-mail me [email protected] have fun.

Last edited:
Moe7407, I followed your advise. I bought the magnets ($1.99)
1/4 drive 8mm socket ($3.79) and I spent ($21.99) for part number (43393) and got a extension handle and three different sized extensions.
Thanks again for the GREAT tip!!!
And if anyone need miniature pliers, harbor freight has a set of 6 for stupid cheap that works pretty well. I have used mine for CB radio for years. part number 31675
25q6n3k.jpg

Last edited:
hay man glad you like it. i may not have made clear, the thing i called a extension is realy is just a 1/4 inch handle. the only down side to the axial nut driver is that you can't use an aluminum nuts.

I just use a dynamite 8mm glow plug t-handle tool, works great on the clutch nut and also the rim nuts...

to:Kfarron1 i have 3 of Dynamite battery chargers, they are top notch. i had 1 and it did so good, i bought an other, it is the one with a LCD display. you would have to shoot me to get it. no dought Dynamite makes good stuff.

to:Kfarron1 i have 3 of Dynamite battery chargers, they are top notch. i had 1 and it did so good, i bought an other, it is the one with a LCD display. you would have to shoot me to get it. no dought Dynamite makes good stuff.

I have a dynamite charger too, I think its the Prophet Sport if I remember correctly. I run dynamite pipes on two of my 3.3's as well, they do make GREAT stuff !

Back