Golden Horizons, RPM or Integy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3_Stroke_Motor

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Today, while bashing my jato, I took an off-balance jump off a dirt pile and cartwheeled it from a drop of about 3 feet. To my surprise, I only broke the left lower suspension arm (stock). I went to my LHS to by some replacement factory arms (stock as well) to hold me over. I went ahead and ordered from tower the Golden Horizons lower and front and rear suspension arms (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRCX0&P=SM) to avoid any future breaks. The only reason I went with the Golden Horizons was 1) about 10 dollars cheaper than Integy's and was aluminum over RPM heavier denser plastic. I know people have mixed feelings over aluminum parts, simply because they don't break, Some hate them for this 'cause they don't break there for they break every thing around them that isn't aluminum and the fact that screws can break off inside them, and then it's pretty much ruined. And of course others love them simply because they again, dont break at all. In the future, for upgrades, as I gradually break and replace parts on my Jato, would you guys recommend going with the more expensive aluminum Integys, the Lower price Golden Horizons, or the more durable plastic RPM (over stock plastics)?

P.S. I have already ordered these parts from GH so just looking for advice on which way to go when I'm looking to upgrade.

Aluminum arms on a basher are probably the worst thing you can do. RPM is the only arm I will ever have on any of my bashing rigs PERIOD!

As for integy it has no place on any rig I own.

An empty beer can cut to shape will hold up better than ANY Integy part. GH are decent parts. If you can get RPM arms, they are the best, IMO.

I can see using aluminum parts for steering/drive line parts. I use a lot of GH on my sub-micros and Micros. Anything bigger than 1/18 scale, i don't use aluminum for suspension pieces.

I sculpt poop for parts instead of buying alloy, it holds up WAY better, and smells GREAT! :hehe:

No alloy IMHO, RPM or stock with spares..

Plastic flexes. Don't know why people use alloy a arms on cars they drive..... Can cause alignment issues as u might not notice it's bent and if it doesn't bend it will snap

RPM, and RPM, and RPM, did i say RPM?

RPM when possible above all else.....never use aluminum for arms

For aluminum the next part in line will brake

That's not the general rule! The general rule is.... Plastic in the corners aluminum down the middle. I still wouldn't do aluminum shock towers though and I thought RPM parts were lighter then aluminum? (lighter is how we spell it in Canada) crazy Canucks EH!

Yeh alloy down middle works as it keeps the chassis stiff while the corners can flex under load and not break.

An empty beer can cut to shape will hold up better than ANY Integy part. GH are decent parts. If you can get RPM arms, they are the best, IMO.

I can see using aluminum parts for steering/drive line parts. I use a lot of GH on my sub-micros and Micros. Anything bigger than 1/18 scale, i don't use aluminum for suspension pieces.

I disagree hamz I have been running a set of Integy rear hub carriers on my XL for over six months now and they are holding up great. +1 on the RPM suspension arms.

That's not the general rule! The general rule is.... Plastic in the corners aluminum down the middle. I still wouldn't do aluminum shock towers though and I thought RPM parts were lighter then aluminum? (lighter is how we spell it in Canada) crazy Canucks EH!

Ok so keep the weak plastic parts where the cornering stress is and run some alu arms that will bend and stay bent. That makes sense.

RPM is the only wat to go for me. Stock parts kept breaking so I bought aluminum arms. They bent and screwed up other components. So now, as a rule I have only RPM all the way around. Lesson learned.

Ok so keep the weak plastic parts where the cornering stress is and run some alu arms that will bend and stay bent. That makes sense.

I'm not going to argue with you but you make no sense. You might be confused.

RPM all the way. I've never had experience with Integy arms, but I do have to say on their behalf, I have two sets of their 12mm offset hubs on both my Revo's with no problems.

You're very lucky, then. I have personal experience with other Integy parts including shocks and all of it was bad.

The ideal set up IMO is to make the chassis rigid where needed and give the suspension the flexability it needs while using a little aluminum as possible IMO. If you're gonna use aluminum then use it on the chassis and either use 6061-T6 or 7075 or dont use it at all.

As a side note Integy uses standard 6061 (not the aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminum thats been hardened) aluminum to my knowledge which isnt hardened and is why everyone is down on their aluminum parts including me who bent every Integy part I ever bought (only 3 pieces) before I figured this out.

Last edited:
I disagree hamz I have been running a set of Integy rear hub carriers on my XL for over six months now and they are holding up great. +1 on the RPM suspension arms.

This is one of the few items from Integy that I've read good things about. Integy is well known for making cheap parts that will bend if they're looked at wrong, and they're warranty ends as soon as the part is installed. Does this mean that EVERY part they make is crap? No, but the list of bad parts is much longer than the one of good ones. I've actually seen a thread somewhere that had a list of the parts people had good experience with.