Go with Traxxas?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phlegethon

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and i am plannin on buying a nitro car. just lookin for some info/opinions on what cars you have experience with. wonderin what would be the best for me.

What I'm looking for:
-4WD
-electric start
-multiple freq. to choose from
-40mph+

Thank you for your input!!

Revo's are hard to control, even for some experienced drivers due to the power to weight ratio and even Traxxas will say it's not a great first rig. The Stampede is two wheel drive so it doesn't meet your requirements. While not a Traxxas I would suggest a Losi Aftershock if monster trucks are your thing. It is 1/8th scale and comes with a top-notch radio system--all at $369.99 which is a real steal! It isn't electric start but that is a good thing as electric starts add unwanted weight and WILL end up failing on you. Check it out here: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/7328

If you want something other than a monster let us know...

Last edited:
For a little cheaper I would recommend the Losi Aftershock. Its a very solid and proven rig that is 100% better then Anything Traxxas has out. It's also big block right off the bat, no modding or anything to put a big a$$ engine in it. Not only that but look at the electronics, you get STOCK a JR computerized XR2i 2 channel radio and 2 metal geared servos for steering. Or if you wanted to go a little more, get the LST2, even stronger then the Aftershock (which is still hella strong) but has beefier suspension and a JR XS3 sysnithised FM radio, with just the tweak of the remote you can change your channel. They are both 4WD and offer an even easier starter then Traxxas cheesy EZ start.

The Aftershock is on back order right now on amain but when they have it again it's usually about $320.00

And RC Addict, technically the Aftershock is electric start as it has the Losi spin start...

Last edited:
LST: It comes with the backing plate for the OPTIONAL Spin Start but comes with a pull start!

Quote: Spin Start backplate included for use with optional Spin Start or Cordless Drill

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I never realized that.. lol... Either way he can have pull start or spin start..

I know, that is there price before you were to put in in your cart, then it is $334.99. Because of their MAP price.

Hell yeah!! It's a really good deal Losi offers on this rig. You can't go wrong with it.

i'll chime in here,,, Losi Aftershock...... NO,,,,, T-MAXX 3.3 YES
Go to your LHS (local hobby shop) i can almost guarantee that they stock all traxxas parts and very few if any Losi Aftershock parts. I'm not saying it's a bad truck, BUT when your a newbie you need all the help you can get and access to the parts you need. For these reasons i recommend a T-maxx 3.3.

Also, dont be afraid to check out ebay for better prices. The t-maxx 3.3 should be $380 at your LHS and less on ebay. But keep in mind, if you purchase from your LHS they might stand behind the purchase and be willing to help you out in the future.

Also if your concerned about POWER, the 3.3 traxxas has all the power you need. IMO the t-maxx is the perfect beginner to intermediate truck.