Go Sharks!...Slash Lid fir my Son

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My son Joey has been playing football for the Long Island Sound Sharks since he was 7. he has always been number 36 as well. So when he got his slash for Christmas last year he started bugging me for his own custom painted body, from the 4x RCNT painter of the year, lol. So this is what we came up with. The shark logo on the hood is the exact same logo on the side of his helmet, the helmet is white with a blue shark. The number and name on the back are the same font and color as the number and name on his jersey, the number and name I hand cut my own masks using blue painters tape, a printed number and name in reverse, a sharp exacto blade, and my light table, no plotter here, lol. The team colors are blue white and silver, so we went with the same color scheme. This is one of my favorite ones I have done, especially because it is for my son :D.

joey367.jpg

joey361.jpg

joey3610.jpg

joey369.jpg

joey364.jpg

joey363.jpg

joey365.jpg

..........​

that's awesome !!!!! great job !

lucky kid!! maybe he will pick up the trade and be painting bodie's for you soon l.o.l are you keaping that back part clear?? just wondering... reall good job I like the color pattern

now you need a nice beefy front bumper and paint it the same color as the face masks on the helmet!

good job on that lid man!

Holy hello that is a nice damn lid! Wow thats a great color scheme as well, great job brotha

Thanks guys, he loves it and can't wait to show it off to his team.

That's a great idea Beason, I will have to look in to bumpers for the slash

mt, yes the parts that are clear will be staying clear, I wanted it to look like roll bars in the back.

Being for your son makes it special for sure but even so that's a SHAWEEET lid!

You're going for the title now,it could be a tough call this year :yes:

You're going for the title now,it could be a tough call this year :yes:

Just doing what I love to do and that's paint lids. :D

Yep, it's funny because even though I hyped up the whole paint war thing the only reason I'm doing so much is because I'm racing now. If I wasn't racing I wouldn't be painting jack. I don't think either of us is really pushing the envelope either, just doing what's fun :)

I was bummed when my compressor took a crap early this year, because I couldn't paint. It's now in pieces in my basement and needs to be replaced, but at least I was able to mooch one for a while from mu cousin so I could do some painting. Especially since both my sons wanted a custom lid for their slashes. Now my little guy is bugging me when is he gonna get his since I finished Joey's.

So awesome to have the kids in it too. I fully intend to bring Chase to the track soon. After watching him drive the formula car in a parking lot I'm confident it wont take long for him to get a car around a track. He's so cautious and analytical.. not the typical 6 year old. Anyways... sorry to hijack. just cool to see stuff for the kids.

If RPM makes a full all around bumper set in blue, I would buy them up, it would make that lid really pop out

beason said:
now you need a nice beefy front bumper and paint it the same color as the face masks on the helmet!

I would think the face mask would be white. Whatever color it is is what the bumper needs to be.
The kids at school will totally flip out when they see it.
That was a really great idea, beason. Absolutely the finishing touch.

The face mask on Joey's helmet is light grey, the mask on my younger sons helmet is actually dark blue. I am gonna have to look in to different bumpers now for sure.

Btw Rolex, there are sand sharks in the sound :D

Looks great Joe!

Back