Glo plug diameter.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezza

RCTalk Racer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I always assumed glo plugs were the same size. Imagine my surprise when I went to put a new plug in my LRP Z28 and found it needs a fatter plug. My local shops all stock the smaller size, (fits my picco, hpi, and every other motor I have). I'll have to order some in, any recommendations? Thanks

thanks buddy, i did a bit more research and came to same conclusion, just being lazy i guess! next question.... what is the difference in heads? back to the research desk...

the difference will be in the head button itself,turbo plugs don't need the copper washer to seal as the bottom of the plug is somewhat of a tapered fit.
turbo plugs tend to bit a bit more costly ($8-$12) but are offset by lasting longer

I've got the fasttrax no4 medium hot, works like a dream in any .21 engine

It's a .28. I tried fitting the standard button out of original hpi 5.9. Didn't fit of course!

Not 100% sure but I think the losi 454 is almost the same engine you could try the head button from that