Getting the maxx ready for race season

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx97

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey guys. i am starting to get the maxx ready for this comin race season. i wanted to no what are hte best shock setups along with tires and all that good stuff. i have been lighting my truck up a bite. also i am only running 4 shocks. they are the ofna 9.5's that are just like the UE supershocks. mainly i am looking at the shock springs and weights and all that stuff.

bryan

I can't help you much as I only bash. But how do those 9.5 shocks hold the truck up? I just bought a set of 4 as well and I'm waiting for them to come in. Does it squat a lot or bottom out a lot?

Sorry I can't help, but I havn't seen much about what I just bought.

umm in a RC Car Action magazine there was a whole shock set up for a t-maxx... i think 80WT Losi shock oil and 1/8th scale OFNA white shocks... i will see if i can find the article later.

later

hey i saw that too. did it have the rustler tank? cause i did that mod also it works really good so far

bryan

yea it did have the rustler tank. but i went one step up on my t-maxx, i put in a 1/8th scale 125cc buggy tank. then in my sportmaxx i got 2 stock t-maxx tanks. :)

later

lol kool. ya i put the ruslter tank on my maxx and it is pretty kool and it seems to work great. but i am thinkin on my springs i am going to have to get a little stiffer. cause the ones that come on the 9.5's are pretty weak. but i dont no yet i will ahve to drive me truck on the track to see

bryan

Go to traxxas's home page and check out Slaydens tips for racing. I'm sure they will help you out alot on the track(unless ur already doing them).

Maxx trooper. i was wondering how you connected the two tanks and mounted them. i am puzzled to how you could do that...

3429sportmaxx2-1.jpg

exhaust to pressure nipple of the front tank, fueal pick up in the front tank to the pressure nipple in the rear tank, then fromt he fuel pick up in the rear tank to the carb. the front tank basicly keeps filling the rear tank.

later

hey that is really kool. i think i will try that wiht 2 rustler tanks.

bryan

yea i will get soem updated pic with all the hop-ups on it.

WilltheThrill- UR SIGNITURE IS HUG, think u can shrink it up.

later

Back