Getting it up and running again soon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoobydoo2u

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm going to go through my RCs and getting them fixed up some a little at a time,
so I'm starting with my revo.
When I want to tone down the acceleration and up the speed how many teeth should I change on the spur? I go up in teeth correct?

I still have all stock gearing, and I don't want to over work the engine but I want to play around with the gearing a little.
Thanks for your help!

Oh, and wile I'm here I may as well ask about my fail safe.

I am using a spektrum dx 2.0, ofna fail safe(the tiny one), 645mg servo for Throttle/brake, but when I test the fail safe after setting it( testing it by just turning off radio before I go out for the day) It goes to half brake for about 2 seconds and then about 1/2 throttle and stays there.
What's up? I know I set it up right I've checked over and over again, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hey Scoob,

To take the edge off the accelleration, you are correct.Go up in teeh on the spur.

On your Spektum 2.0, there is already a built in faisafe when you bind the TX and the RX. Do you have the manual? It shows you how to set it up. I have never used an additional failsafe when using Spektrum. Try using the Spektrum and removing the Ofna one. Test it as it should work the same.

Thanks very much for your help!
I will get a few spurs just to have handy and I will try going up 2 teeth like you suggest!

And thank you to Jon!
I will try that as soon as I get some free time to charge up some batteries and put my radio back in!

Wrong. More teeth on the spur will give you more bottom end, Get a spur with less teeth on for more top end, 38t is standard and 36t and 40t spurs are available, For more top end go for the 36t.

More teeth on the clutch bell will give you more top end.

I was just re-reading this post and caught the error myself. More on the spur is faster takeoff and lower top end.
My Tmaxx had a 72T stock spur, and going to 70 made it a fast runner without wheelies for stable starts.
The opposite is true on the clutch bell gear.

Oh ok, thanks for the catch!

The gearing can be easily understood when related to gearing everyone is familiar with, a multi speed bicycle. When the front gear set on the bike (clutch bell) is on the larger gear (more teeth) you have less torque more top end. When the gear set in the rear (spur gear) is in the larger gear (more teeth) you have more torque less top end.

Back