Getting a 1/10 infinitive exceed nitro gas truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cupofjoe5

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
Can i make it look like this... out these tires on it and buy this body? Wondering if it would fit n what not...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161227-124647.png
    Screenshot_20161227-124647.png
    444.1 KB · Views: 198
Physically, you can mount just about any body to any rig with enough effort. That shouldn't present an issue. Similarly, as long as the wheels are avail or some sort of adaptation with hexs and proper axle size, they will also fit.
Concerns lie in other areas for me. You will need to be sure that the drivetrain will support the extra weight and torque that the big tires will cause. Axle and drive shafts, control arm strength,steering components including but not limited to tie rods, rod ends, servo saver and the servo itself may all require attention, upgrades etc to be reliable. Fit and function are 2 different things. Also, your shocks and springs may need to be upgraded for larger tire and wheels for the added weight.
Aside from all this, your clutch and your gearing will almost certainly need upgrading and changing to meet the demands that an increased tire diameter and weight will add.
I do not own this kit so I am unable to provide much more info than these general observations. If you do go this way, please update and certainly ask more of there is anything that I/we can offer help with. I'd love to see the step by step transformation and how your performance characteristics change! Good luck!!! :thumbs-up:

Physically, you can mount just about any body to any rig with enough effort. That shouldn't present an issue. Similarly, as long as the wheels are avail or some sort of adaptation with hexs and proper axle size, they will also fit.
Concerns lie in other areas for me. You will need to be sure that the drivetrain will support the extra weight and torque that the big tires will cause. Axle and drive shafts, control arm strength,steering components including but not limited to tie rods, rod ends, servo saver and the servo itself may all require attention, upgrades etc to be reliable. Fit and function are 2 different things. Also, your shocks and springs may need to be upgraded for larger tire and wheels for the added weight.
Aside from all this, your clutch and your gearing will almost certainly need upgrading and changing to meet the demands that an increased tire diameter and weight will add.
I do not own this kit so I am unable to provide much more info than these general observations. If you do go this way, please update and certainly ask more of there is anything that I/we can offer help with. I'd love to see the step by step transformation and how your performance characteristics change! Good luck!!! :thumbs-up:

Thanks for all the input. I'm definately gonna do some modifying shortly after i test run her lol. Axtually have another idea for the body as well. Ill def. Post pics of before and after mods. Completely new to all this and never was great with cars but can do the basics. I feel some common sense and some research i can get it done!

What you're doing is certainly a realistic goal so long as the parts are available. Before the first part is purchased, I recommend making a list of all the possible required parts. Get all the numbers and pricing. Get the info for upgrades as well... for instance, check to see if RPM made the control arms. There may be other things too. RPM made rod ends for associated products that are WAY better than stock and super affordable! I upgraded mine and am VERY satisfied!
When you have your parts listed, you'll know for sure how realistic this conversion is and if you want to do it financially as well as knowing if the conversion is going to require making custom parts that may or may not be worth doing personally or perhaps it will require things you feel are beyond reasonable. This way, you haven't invested in a bunch of parts that you would have no reason to have purchased otherwise.

What you're doing is certainly a realistic goal so long as the parts are available. Before the first part is purchased, I recommend making a list of all the possible required parts. Get all the numbers and pricing. Get the info for upgrades as well... for instance, check to see if RPM made the control arms. There may be other things too. RPM made rod ends for associated products that are WAY better than stock and super affordable! I upgraded mine and am VERY satisfied!
When you have your parts listed, you'll know for sure how realistic this conversion is and if you want to do it financially as well as knowing if the conversion is going to require making custom parts that may or may not be worth doing personally or perhaps it will require things you feel are beyond reasonable. This way, you haven't invested in a bunch of parts that you would have no reason to have purchased otherwise.

Yeah I've been looking around a lot. I almost ordered some boomerang type 1 shocks. lol gonna wait tho and do some more searching. Gonna try n make a mud track at my buddies new house to break er in.

Yeah, I would hold off on buying anything that you don't think you'll be using otherwise. If you're mudding, don't forget to waterproof!!! Sounds like it's a great video opportunity! Hint hint!!! ;):thumbs-up:

Certainly you are correct! The best part about this hobby is that our imaginations and our wallets are the biggest limiting factors. Or in a lot of cases... Our imaginations become our greatest tools! I believe in baby steps in the idea that the manufacturers do a LOT of r&d so we don't have to. Rather, we buy what they have already invested the time into, choosing whatever rig is closest to our needs. Then we tweak it until something very cool strikes us and we build 'the imposible!' I just think rather than breaking down a kit for that, we build it in steps that we can see each advance or step backwards and learn from each step. We can see each for what it really is that way. I.e. we can't tell what a set of springs change if we do that, extend control arms, shock bodies etc all at the same time. I'll be looking forward to seeing the build! There is a section for that here in the forum! Again, best of luck!
Btw, there are a TON of bodies out there... In sure you can find something pretty close to what you'll need. Fitting the bodies is pretty easy once to get a clean set of body mounting posts. After that, it's just fitting things like where the engine fits thru or has cooling holes for, the wheel openings, etc...

Certainly you are correct! The best part about this hobby is that our imaginations and our wallets are the biggest limiting factors. Or in a lot of cases... Our imaginations become our greatest tools! I believe in baby steps in the idea that the manufacturers do a LOT of r&d so we don't have to. Rather, we buy what they have already invested the time into, choosing whatever rig is closest to our needs. Then we tweak it until something very cool strikes us and we build 'the imposible!' I just think rather than breaking down a kit for that, we build it in steps that we can see each advance or step backwards and learn from each step. We can see each for what it really is that way. I.e. we can't tell what a set of springs change if we do that, extend control arms, shock bodies etc all at the same time. I'll be looking forward to seeing the build! There is a section for that here in the forum! Again, best of luck!
Btw, there are a TON of bodies out there... In sure you can find something pretty close to what you'll need. Fitting the bodies is pretty easy once to get a clean set of body mounting posts. After that, it's just fitting things like where the engine fits thru or has cooling holes for, the wheel openings, etc...

Thanks for the help.. still jus eagerly waiting for jan 3rd... supposed to b when it arrives. Until then!

Any time! The whole forum is very helpful so whatever info you may need... Just ask and someone(s) will all dive in with whatever we can offer! Be sure to post pics when it comes in!

Any time! The whole forum is very helpful so whatever info you may need... Just ask and someone(s) will all dive in with whatever we can offer! Be sure to post pics when it comes in!

Thanks again. I will for sure. Have you posted yours before? Link it id like to che k it out!

I have an RC10 GT that is a rectification project... I bought it a couple years back from a friend who raced it. It was in rough shape. I have slowly been purchasing parts to repair and replace missing, broken etc parts but financial restraints have kind of put it on a backburner for now... When it gets back in gear, I will be posting a build but that will be my first.
My others are pretty much stock (Revo and Jato) as well as a number of older electrics but nothing really to post. :hehe:
I am pretty active here on the site but for the most part, I live vicariously thru others projects... For now. Once spring time rolls around, things should stabilize some for us and I'll be able to invest in some more hear. I will hopefully get into posting then. I hate the idea of ripping into the car and then having it set on a shelf all apart for months on end or worse, have to put it back together without being right so that parts don't disappear. Having 2 younger guys here makes me nervous that they may get too curious one day and maybe misplace something while they are checking it out! ;)

I have an RC10 GT that is a rectification project... I bought it a couple years back from a friend who raced it. It was in rough shape. I have slowly been purchasing parts to repair and replace missing, broken etc parts but financial restraints have kind of put it on a backburner for now... When it gets back in gear, I will be posting a build but that will be my first.
My others are pretty much stock (Revo and Jato) as well as a number of older electrics but nothing really to post. :hehe:
I am pretty active here on the site but for the most part, I live vicariously thru others projects... For now. Once spring time rolls around, things should stabilize some for us and I'll be able to invest in some more hear. I will hopefully get into posting then. I hate the idea of ripping into the car and then having it set on a shelf all apart for months on end or worse, have to put it back together without being right so that parts don't disappear. Having 2 younger guys here makes me nervous that they may get too curious one day and maybe misplace something while they are checking it out! ;)
Ahahahah. I hear ya.. yeah post em when u get further along.. I'm gonna post mine just to see what ppl think... just bought aome boomerang shocks.. hopefukly they fit or i can special rig it to fit lol.

Bought these..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161229-162917.png
    Screenshot_20161229-162917.png
    363 KB · Views: 175