Geode wheel Race tire option

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bkyd Basher

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Can anyone tell me which racing style tires like the response(which i know will fit the Geode wheels). Such as the Dirt Bonz, or the bowties , or any others good suggestions?

I have badlands 3.8 on some and they are pretty nice. I'm thinking you only have a couple choices here, and the response tires aren't all that great.

Bow Ties are an old standard for the off-road guys. The are really good in clay and packed dirt.

Unless they're new you probably won't find a traxxas bead bowtie.

i run the dirt bonz and i love them !

will the dirt bonz fit on the Geode wheels?

There's not much that will fit on geodes, and I don't know if dirt bonz will or not, but I doubt it.

I run BT on 40ser wheel, & it's also my favorite & the best to bash on, it bites on any surface I run on. Not sure if it fits the G. Wheels tho. Here is a Pic of the set up.

View attachment 11631

Last edited:
I have badlands 3.8 on some and they are pretty nice. I'm thinking you only have a couple choices here, and the response tires aren't all that great.

why do u say the responses are not that great? I thought i was lookin for a multpie pin soft compound tire, am i wrong? I am going for strictly race set up.How would the bad lands do on a dirt packed with loose topping and some good jumps and banked corners track? Kinda like a mini moto track.

The response tires are ok, but not a very soft compound. The badlands are softer and will grip on any surface. The problem with badlands is that they may be a little squishy in the turns, but overall I think you'd like them. I had to get some better foams for mine, because the ones that came in the package were ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 6:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:34 AM ----------

I guess now there's a trencher tire available in traxxas bead too.

I like those rims. Where you get them? And how much?

You can find them on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-17mm-Beadlock-Black-40-Series-Wheels-4-8014-/251027111837

In case the OP is still interested, Panther Pythons are a direct fit for the Geode wheels. A guy on eBay has plenty of the soft compound.

You can also go with Hyper St tires: Dog Bones, Triangle, Trapezoid tread - all have same mounting bead as Traxxas Geode wheel.

And you can cut the bead off of any MT style tire (Bow Tie or Crime Fighter) and they will fit right onto the Traxxas rims.
demo: http://www.beatyourtruck.com/forum/showthread.php?57465-How-to-Mount-Maxx-tires-on-Revo-wheels

And I have the Response Pro tires and they are very soft. :)

Man, the sky's the limit. lol

Last edited:
My response tires are not soft at all compared to some proline tires I've had.

Do you have the original Response tires or the newer Response Pros? I have the Pros, and they are a softer compound.

My response tires are not soft at all compared to some proline tires I've had.

Yeah, I'm not sure when the Response Pros came out. But they will say Response Pro or just Response on the sidewall -fool proof method of determining which one you have. lol

My response tires have grown about a 1/4 inch taller, from stretch i guess? And the are all leaned over towards the inside of the truck. But are still holding up really well. They have alot of laps on them though. I would say i am about at a 8 out of 10 on a satisfaction level. Kinda wish they had a bit more acceleration traction.

Back