General RC Info - Every post includes pics and illustrations plus text.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Tips about: suspension set-up, gearing, servos, bearings, shocks, LiPo batteries, wheels/tires, vehicle handling . . . etc. All the info contained in this thread was freely sourced from the web, and are free to the viewer for instructional and entertainment use. I do not own the copyright on any of this material.

Last edited:
i just got lost, was this a post for a tire recommendation? or a sales pitch for new shocks?
as far as wheels and tires for the mojave, i have read that the Katar wheels and tires form the talion are decent over on the arrma forum, havent really read a whole lot about the stock mojave ones being bad either though. might check what people are running over on the arrmaforum and if you can get pointers there as well.

I wish I could offer up some options, but I just replace mine with stock Fortress Rims/Tires. They seem to hold up pretty well for me, but I only run in dirt.

You can replace them with any SCT wheels/tires you want just make sure the wheels are the same hex size.

The Damper: If cars and trucks were outfitted only with springs, they’d constantly bob up and down with every bump, and wallow in every turn. The scientific term for that bobbing and wallowing is oscillation, and the term for reducing or restricting oscillation is damping. And so, the part of a suspension system that prevents the springs from oscillating is called a damper. This damping force is created by a piston displacing oil in a cylinder—the classic device most of us envision when we hear “shock absorber.”
Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 5.36.11 AM.png

Shock Positions

Usually the basic set up from the manual is a good starting point. Shock positions are rarely changed. When a good set up is found that’s pretty much it.

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 5.43.25 AM.png

I wish they made those set up kits for more than just touring cars and 1/10 scale buggies. Thats some good info tho

Back